"In Summer, the song sings itself."
- William Carlos Williams
A major benchmark of summer has come & gone, the Wallentine Family Camp.
Sniff.
Every year, upon returning home a grimy mess (is that me, or the car?), the rest of the summer takes on a slightly edgy undertone; the end is nearing.
Double-sniff.
So here we have my homage to Camp.
Isabelle does the rope swing...
...and so does Mike! (who knew he had it in him?)
Mimi charms the campfire crowd ("Goodnight People!")
We play the left/right game (an honored camp tradition)...
..and we clearly see who loves the game most.
The the kids have scads of fun all week......especially Julie's kids.
***Kidding, Julie! I'm secretly jealous of your PTA prowess!
See! Chris also does homework at camp!
Every year, though, my favorite moment by far is the chair circle before we pack it up.
This is a great family to be a part of. Especially if I never have to be in charge of camp.
Keepin' it Real,
Crystal
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Posted by
crystal
at
12:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun! I want to go to your camp!
Yo! Mrs. Basil E!
I could have sworn I saw something on here about "sprinkles"... but by the time I became eligible to post... it was, alas, gone!
Camp looked FUN! So, the big ?... Did Mike wind up IN the water??? Now that would have been a picture.
:)
Blog away girl!
Post a Comment