During the Christmas season there are more than a few activities/traditions which bring me comfort, but holiday baking tops the list! The kids love to help me. When they are older and think about life at home, I hope they remember our tradition of baking gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, fudge and gingerbread houses every single year.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
That's a really cute picture of you two, she looks like she's really concentrating.
Please tell me you dive into your museum of sprinkles to decorate your holiday baking?!
I just saw your gingerbread cookie recipe- I HAVE to try it this year!
And the wonderful smell of it all.
I love holiday baking as well. It just wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't make delicious things throughout the season. You look so cute too!
I love the pic! Such a fun memory you're making there!
Amen! We just made a gingerbread house for FHE last night and they loved it!
Is there anything better than holiday goodies?! Good for you for creating memories with your kids!
LOve the new header!!
cute picture of you & your sweet gal-
I love Christmas baking too- but mostly Christmas eating treats... it's not a good thing ;)
Yes! Baking is one of my favorite comforts during the holidays and throughout the year.
yummmm....i love baking with my kids too. and hopefully i'm not too overbearing with them!
They will definately remember. I remember helping my mom when I was REALLY young. I was the best at rolling up the peanut butter balls and getting them ready for my mom to coat them in chocolate. They are still one of my favorite things to make.
Sweet tradition!
Did you like my double entendre?
What a sweet post! Baking is the one thing that puts a smile on my face....my mom baking that is. I also crave her sugar cookies, pecan tarts and the other mix of cookies she always makes at Christmas. I'm sure your kids will one day look back and feel the same as I do.
Such a cute picture. I haven't done any Christmas baking yet this year. I know crazy!
Fun picture. I usually love baking too. This year it has become a chore. Thanks for reminding me that it is fun.
I'm sure they will! How fun! It's my fave too!!
Holiday baking was a tradition that my Mom started with us kids, and I am happy to say that I have started the tradition with my own children as well. Great pic of you two!~
Such a cute picture of you two! You are always so great about baking. I haven't baked one thing this year - loser mom! Well, I do get to go make pancakes for Jake to bring to his 5th grade breakfast this morning - does that count?
I think traditions involving food are some of the best--and are so comforting (much to the downfall of my bottom and thighs).
Cute pic!!
for all the gingerbread tips go here http://www.just-spotted.com/2008/12/making-gingerbread-houses-disney-style.html
You are so good! Those smells and tastes will always bring back wonderful Christmas memories.
you really are too cute. really!
i love this pic and the concentration of mimi and the twinkle in your eye!!
your header is so festive!!
and what is it about baking at the holidays. wouldn't be the same with out it, for sure!
Cute photo Crystal! I was so relieved to receive your email! I was a little worried! Enjoy all that baking my friend!
Post a Comment