Tuesday evening I sent Mimi & Friend to Friend's house
to borrow cilantro.
to borrow cilantro.
A half hour later I went out to see if they were ever going to return and found
this
on my driveway.
this
on my driveway.
I've been pining for fajitas, which began like this:
The urge to cook hit me like a madness! Behold my filthy kitchen, which I didn't even bother to clean before starting. I never do that.
After recovering the cilantro dumped on my driveway, I marinated the chicken and slapped it on the grill. And after loading the photo on my computer, I realized how grody this shot is. Dry heave. Who wants to see raw chicken on the grill? I should've waited 'til I flipped it. Hzzzrrrrgheh (sound of dry heaving).
I love how the onions & peppers smell. Unfortunately by this time, my natural light had faded and they look rather....wormy. I'm realizing I don't make a very good food photographer. (but I sure as h*ll can cook.)
I like to grill tons of chicken so I have pre-cooked meat ready to go for menus later in the week.
We're taking it slow around here.
Baby steps.
Baby steps.

16 comments:
I love your cilantro delivery- heeee. I wonder if my neighbors would have any to borrow, I do.
That last picture looks so good. I have been in a fajita mood lately as well- haven't done a thing about it though ;)
you asked for cilantro, you got it. what are you complaining for? did you specify in the "special instructions" field where you wanted the cilantro placed when it was delivered?? i'm afraid my neighbors would not be able to borrow cilantro from me - mayhaps an egg or some sugar.
LAUghed out loud at the cilantro in the driveway!! kids- holy moly so funny & not funny at the same time...
OH man I wish I could drop right in on this photo & taste it!! wow!
I am heading over to your cooking blog right away - haven't been there in too darn long.
by the way- you deserved a cooking break-- you were taking care of that jack- THE CUTEST BABY EVER.
happy fourth!!
The cilantro delivery spot is too funny, what were the kids thinking?
I'm cracking up about your dry heaving photo of the raw chicken, ew!
I'm impressed with the return of your cooking ambition, I love it when it hits me too (though it's rare).
um, did I know about your recipe blog? I'm headed there now.
Your grilled chicken looks wonderful. I love having cooked chicken on hand, too, I even love just snacking on it. But my grilled chicken never turns out too well, always too much black...
I. LOVE. MIMI. I can't quit giggling... every time I look at the picture. And, btw, I love that you TOOK the picture. So, I'll be over in about 20 minutes for some kind of delightful chicken dish.
I'm so excited for your baby steps!!! and for your fajitas! Where the hell are mine?! :)
Yum! It all looks good to me. I hope you gave the cilantro a good washing!
Oh my, this looks great! So funny about the cilantro - it's one of my favorite herbs. Montreal doesn't carry corn tortillas and mexican food is definately scarce. Seriously though, you make one mean looking fajitas!
Too funny!
I'm sure they tasted great! It IS dang hard to make food pictures look good. I think it's all in the garnish.
cute cute cute post.. i finanlly caught up with you. not with wendi! I can't see it!, let her know, i want to! I heard you are out and about, hope you have fun.! Your little boy is sooooooooo cute! it is time for a new visit!@ not likely snif........for a while at least.! I've joined the poor ranks now!
You're making me hungry Crystal!!!!!
How about we trade...You cook for me and I clean for you??? I love to clean, but I need to be in the mood to cook ;)
Love the cilantro delivery!
what wonderful cilantro delivery :)
Man, I need to start paying you to cook double for your family and give me the other half!
Yum - Yum - Yum!!! I'm putting these on my list for this week. Thanks a million! Have you been to hungry girl? They have some yummy recipes for sweet treats i thought you would like!
That cilantro delivery has my kids' names all over it. Too funny!
So are you saying that sometime next year I may begin to cook again?
Post a Comment