Unstoppable Me.







Sunday, November 7, 2010

Plagarizing Myself

I've been feeling a void in my life lately.  
     "What is missing?" thought I.  "What could be causing this inner emptiness?" I gave it some deep thought. Asked myself the tough questions.
     "Do I need to shop my woes away?"  
     "Have I not had a Diet Coke lately?"
     "Am I lacking some aspect of spirituality that will restore my inner peace?"
     "Perhaps take an inventory of my mothering skills?"
     Why, oh why have I not felt completely myself? After mulling this over, it came to me that...

I need to blog again!

Churning out my daily thoughts onto my blog helps me process my life and stay more cheerful about it. 

So. 

I may not have been keeping up my blog, but I have been blurbing inanities on Facebook. I'll cut & paste some of my status posts below, if only to prove to myself that I have, indeed, been alive and doing things. Here we go. (I'll insert commentary in parentheses.)

Sept 6
"Off the wagon." 
(I thought I'd try to cut down the copious amounts of Diet Coke I drink.)
 ~~~~~~
Sept 8
"Back on the wagon."   
(Good try.)
~~~~~
Sept 9  
"Um, off the wagon. Again. And now I need some chocolate to accompany my caffeine."
(Got some flack for this one.)
~~~~~
 Sept 22 
"I love it when you finish a book and let out a huge, delicious SIGH because it was so good."
(One person commented that I'd also feel this way when finishing a rousing game of "Halo." I'll leave it to you to decide if that commenter was MALE or FEMALE. Snort.)
~~~~~
Sept 23
"Helping with Mimi's field trip...I need a Diet Coke." 
(The photo speaks for itself.)

On the bus with a herd of wild 1st graders.
~~~~~
Sept 26 
"My new favorite running song! Especially for a girl (me) who tweaks out to marching bands!"  
("This Too Shall Pass" by OK Go. I really do think I will love this song forever.) 
~~~~~
Oct 4
"Where's the f-ing Calgon?" 
(Not my finest hour. I posted this at 6pm; it had been a realllly long day.)
(I got censured by my mother publicly on FB for this status. Sigh.)
~~~~~
Oct 5 
"I think I'm in over my head."
(I was T-5 minutes from the start of Boot Camp for Runners. In retrospect, I definitely WAS in over my head.)
~~~~~
Oct. 6
"So. Tonight I went to Boot Camp for Runners. Everyone there looked great in spandex and were all trying to improve their times and endurance for marathons. I, on the other hand, looked like a contestant on The Biggest Loser as I was attempting the regime."
(Seriously, if you can picture what the very L A R G E people look like on "The Biggest Loser" show when they are being pushed to their absolute limit--that was me. While, I might add, all the OTHER runners looked like they were from "Chariots of Fire.")
~~~~~
Oct 6, later that day... 
"I am so sore today that I look like a zombie when I walk...."
(No lie. I couldn't bend my legs. Every muscle hurt. Even my throat muscle hurt. I saw a friend at the grocery store who exclaimed, "You really are walking like a zombie!") 
~~~~
Oct 6, much later that same day...
"It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark..."
At the "Thriller" performace with my partner-in-crime friend, Ali

Oct 14
"D"
(Accidentally posted the letter D as my status. Got 45 hilarious comments.)
~~~~~
Oct 27
"I'm choppin' broccoli."
(I really was! Every time we have broccoli for dinner, I sing that song--sometimes under my breath, sometimes LOUDLY.)
~~~~~
Nov 3
"The mother in "Mommy Dearest" no longer seems so crazy to me. Actually, I can totally relate to her."
(A surreal night of chaos at kids' bedtime. There are no words.)
~~~~~
Nov 4
"A little r&r with P&P."
(Some down time with Mr. Darcy.)
~~~~~
Nov 5
"I'm at the park with kids and keep hearing a rustling sound behind me. Suspicious that a dog or something is sneaking up behind me, I keep whipping around--to see nothing. Yeahhhhh, turns out that rustling noise is the sound of falling leaves."
(It happened just like that. Falling leaves were making seemingly loud crunching sounds as they plopped onto the leaf pile under the tree. Creeped me out.)
(**In my defense, I was totally alone at the park. Except for the 2 toddlers with me--and how could two small babies protect me from a Wizard of Oz-esque tree???)
~~~~~

And there we have it. My borderline turrets blurbs from facebook. Tune in tomorrow for a real post! 


 

8 comments:

shron said...

i'm so happy to see you blog again! facebook is good but blogging is much better! xoxoxoxox

Christie said...

Your facebook updates are tragically funnier than any blog posts I've put up in the last six months. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong...

Ah, Mr. Darcy. It's been a while since he and I have had some alone time together. Might be time for a reunion.

michelle said...

Look at you, all decked out for Christmas!

Facebook's not bad, but I much prefer blogging! (How in the world did I miss your "D" status?!)

donna said...

welcome back to the blog world.. ; )

Jessica said...

You crack me up. Glad to see you again on my reader!

Jill said...

This was enjoyable, especially since I'm not on FB and missed all of these updates.

The blogging world needs you Crystal both for your posts and for your comments, so whenever you feel something is amiss I say, "Look to the blog!" Or maybe, "Look to the Lord and then look to the blog."

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

YIPPEE!!!! You are the greatest and I'm so glad you are back!!!

Even though I haven't blogged all week shhhh

Holly said...

I always enjoy your Facebook statuses--and I must say I wondered about D and the wagon and that I would've joined you at that running boot camp if I could have and am SURE I would've felt just like you did.

All that said, I have missed your blog posts too. Like A LOT. So I'm glad you are coming back!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails