Unstoppable Me.







Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Play by Play

Last Saturday, I found Isabelle snapping pictures from the upstairs window. This girl is GOOD! She captured a little story here, moment by moment:

This is Max, creating two little mini snowmen.


He stands back to critique his work:


He makes an adjustment:


He leaves. What cute snowmen!


Too tempting to resist. Typical boy.


Heyyyy! That looks fun:


Watch this. Isabelle got it in constant motion. Here she comes.....


.....closer......


.....and smash!


And again! The poor disemboweled snowman must've made a satisfying smoosh.


She's a bloodthirsty little girl. In pink.


My work is done here.


I snapped this one, a while later. But Isabelle's series of photos just cracked me up! I wonder what was going through her mind, what she saw that piqued her curiosity and made her stay at the window and document the quirky doings below. She has a funny little sense of humor emerging.

34 comments:

Christine said...

That is so funny to have captured her killing FROSTY! Way too cute!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That's so funny! The poor frosty twins are no more... :)

oda41143 Missy said...

Good job Isabelle!!

Lauren in GA said...

I see a future blogger in Isabelle! She knows how to capture a great story-line already!

kay said...

that's great!!! so cute!

wish we has snow *sigh*

i'll just enjoy yours via photos

Chrissy, said...

I am very impressed with her skills! Monkey see monkey do!

Michelle said...

That is too funny that she got all that.

I think her emerging funny sense of humer comes from you. From what I know, I can picture you up there doing the same thing.

AutoSysGene said...

Looks like you've got a little photographer on your hands.

To bad Frosty didn't stand a chance.

Christie said...

Yeah, that would never happen here because I don't allow the children to touch my camera. Does she have one of her own or are you really that nice of a mom?

Love that they both destroyed it. Poor snowmal.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Darling pictures!

Crazymamaof6 said...

totally cute! how funny,and yeah love the series. and man she is patient or has a fast shooting camera.

Steph said...

Super cute cute! And very creative!

Hazen5 said...

Great Play by Play, this girl's got a future!

shron said...

i see a future nobel prize photographer at work here - or else a calvin & hobbes cartoonist!

Amy said...

Crystal,
Your kids are darling. How are you feeling anyway? Good job on the word of the year, what a prefect word. Way to capture the "moment!"

Kara P said...

That girl has a future in photo journalism! I sense a documentarist in the making! And how much do you have to love an adorable pink marshmallow girl that stomps snowmen?!? Go Mims!

Matchbox Mom said...

Oh poor Frosty the Snowman! What'd he ever do to them? SNIFF

Karen said...

I love the photo journal! And crushing the snowman at the end looks like serious fun.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love this post!! I bet she is learning from you how to document a life. This is a perfect example of teaching by example. And you didn't even know!! How awesome is that??

carlo said...

oh how i love to see what the little ones capture!

poor snowman!! (men)

Cecily R said...

She sounds like the girl I wished I was when I was a kid. I wanted to be at the window, finding treasures like that but I could never stand still for long enough. I still wish I could do that. It's a romantic notion...

I love her play by play and that she stayed long enough to capture it. Now I want to meet her even more!

Jessica said...

That was very cool! That's something you couldn't ever have gotten if you'd actually tried, you know?

janna said...

how fun

Jill said...

I notice mimi left the second mini-snowman untouched. I love the mini-snowmen almost as much as I love mimi's snow outfit.

blog author said...

funny how individual photos like this can tell a story just as well (or in my opinion even better) than video. i like filling in the gaps and emotions in my own head.

raising4boys said...

That was very cute! She will grow up to be a great photographer that's for sure. Has patience to wait for the perfect shot!!

KATE said...

Oh my word, I love her story by pictures! What a great little photographer!
I LOVE Miss Mimi smashing those sweet unsuspecting mini snowmen, what cute kids. Max is just a cool little boy!

Anonymous said...

Really cute photo story. It would make a great book! (or a silent movie with suspenseful music and everything!)
Glad to visit your blog. I found you through Michelle A

Laurie said...

I love it. Life as it happens.

Desiree said...

Clever girl!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. Funny how are our own children make us laugh so much as they get older.

Laura said...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!

SuperCoolMom said...

That is great! I love how she even zoomed in on the violence!

Nat Nat said...

OK That does it, now I am going to have to get each kid a camera. Jadens broke last month and I miss his pictures. Though he never get shot like these. WOW!

Way to capture the moment! I would have loved to be in her head to know what she was looking for in those perfect shots...... hum....

Related Posts with Thumbnails