Unstoppable Me.







Friday, February 8, 2008

Somebody Shoot Me

So. It's 5:35am and I've been WIDE AWAKE since 4am. I blame this on watching "Lost," which I vow to never watch again. That show makes me tense. Obviously. I have been in-and-out of sleep all night, never to enter that blissful REM stage. Am I fated to be an insomniac my entire life? I did not take my beloved 1/2 sleeping pill tonight, though, which was a mistake. Besides, once I was awake for 10 straight minutes, I became ravenously hungry. This happens quite frequently, actually. I'll toss & turn and wake up just enough at night to be conscious of my growling stomach. At 4am. Yes--it actually is growling. Making a baby evidently requires a lot of energy. And food.

I haven't had much time since Tuesday's ultrasound to sit down and post--and I've wanted to scan the CUTE little pictures of the baby. Yes! There's a real, live baby in there. I have actually been wondering, since I haven't felt it moving very much.

And I've been a little down in the dumps because I'm not Isabelle's primary teacher any longer. *sniff* When I came home & told her, she broke into great, shuddering sobs--poor thing--which made me start to cry, so we sat on the barstool and cried together. I will have to pay some special attention to her in the next few weeks. I would usually be pretty excited about my new calling, but dangit! I was very attached to my cute, perfect little 8-yr olds. I accused the 2nd counselor of releasing me because I passed out chocolate to my class all during sharing time last week. And we are on the front row. But they are so perfectly reverent that they deserve chocolate to reward them!

Tonight I came home absolutely exhausted from helping at school all morning (take-home reading), running to the store to get supplies for the HUGE salads for the teacher luncheon, running home & making the salads, running to the luncheon & making 4 trips to my car to bring in all the salads & crockpots, waiting for 90 minutes at parent/teacher conferences (which is more exhausting & brain-deadening than unloading my car, I swear), and then loading all the luncheon crap BACK into my car. Normally, this would be all in a day's work--no sweat! But I find my stamina is seriously reduced since being pregnant. And it feels so weird not to have the energy to knock off my overplanned lists every day.

I wish I could say I went to the gym at 5am, since I could not sleep anyway, but no. Forget it. I am exhausted. So the potato look (that's my body shape at present) is probably here to stay 'til about September '08. Sexy!

Tomorrow's agenda:
* do something interactive with Mimi in the morning (oh please, for the love of all that's holy, let it not be Polly Pocket)

* get brows waxed at 11:30, returning home a happy woman who instantly feels prettier due to said brow-shaping

* sneak in a nap because Mimi will need me to lie down with her to persuade her to nap

* scan ultrasound pictures and try (but probably not succeed) to load the ultrasound video on my blog, thus announcing to all and sundry what gender of Lima Bean is in there!

* throw together some food that passes as dinner

* wish that I were going out on a date with Mike

* go to bed early, instead

I'm off to go drink the rest of my slimfast (best midnight snack ever) and watch food network! It's 6am. WHAT THE CRAP?!

57 comments:

Jake said...

Get some sleep. You'll feel lots better. Aren't you glad you got this all down for posterity?!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love this! can't wait for the baby reveal! whoohooo! and yeah i get that when i am prego too. naps are required. hugs for you! and i can't watch tense shows either.

Christie said...

Can't wait to find out what you're having.

I second the advice of Gab. Get some rest, sista!

Chrissy, said...

Sounds to me like you are pretty normal. I bet everyone who read this post has felt in someway or another just like you. I'm with everyone else I excited to hear about the baby. I had chocolate covered rasins for breakfast! What's the new calling? Skip the date take the whole sleeping pill early!! Have a good weekend.
Hugs, Chrissy

Julia said...

I stayed up all night checking your blog to see if you'd posted the results yet. Thanks a lot. Just kidding :) I'll keep checking until the great reveal! Hope you got some sleep.

Steph said...

Oh...pregnancy...a not so distant memory. I don't think I slept my whole nine months! I feel for ya! And I hope you get some shut eye soon. Can't wait to hear what color (blue/pink) you are having! Too exciting!
Hugs...

Chrissy, said...

P.S. What is up with ghost buster with the dust buster on lost?? It's funny. But the ghost part freaks me out! Do you have a theory?

oda41143 Missy said...

You are so mean for not telling us what you are having yet. meany meany meany.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

So what is your new calling? I got a new one this week too...

chloe said...

At least there's the Food Network, right? If only that did it for all of us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Had to come check out yours. Have to say I laughed at the "Polly Pocket" comment you made. I am so glad to see some one else does not like them either. Now I am assuming you don't like them at this point. During one of our many moves. The polly's got lost and did not make it to our new house. OK I hate admitting that one!

Hope you get some rest! I do understand those sleepless nights. When my hubby is gone. I just forget about getting any good sleep. You can find me in front of the computer or TV.

Sandra said...

I hope you get some sleep, goodness I'm tired just reading everything you had to do.

Cecily R said...

OOOOOOOO you are a naughty pregnant friend!! I want to know what you are having now, not later or tomorrow! This is me sticking my bottom lip WAY out....

I'm sorry about your sleep issues. I was so with you when I was pregnant with Evie. It was hard. I wish I had some miracle cure for the problem but I don't. Sorry.

Look at it this way, it's VERY possible that I am up too, so keep my phone number handy. :)

KATE said...

Holy Crap Crystal! I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. I remember how hard "manufacturing" is on your body! Hang in there sweetie!
I CAN'T believe you're making me wait LONGER to find out the plumbing. Come on, I'm dying over here!!!
Hope you have a fabulous nap!!

carlo said...

oh my goodness!

alias used to do that "tense" thing to me and i hated that feeling.

Lost had me lost after episode 3 and I decided it wasn't worth it...

naps are still a part of my day and i thought working while pregnant with ellie would kill me. i would shut my door and be thankful for a few mintues of putting my head down on my desk.

so sorry you have been so busy.
ps- email me your home address. how can i not have it already??

carlo said...

i should clarify that i don't nap every day but i still WISH i could every day.

lindsey said...

Crystal, you look very pretty, but very tired. I don't know how you do it. If I stayed up that late I would turn into evil Lindsey, no one likes her she's really really mean.

Lost is too intense and sort of scary. You have to stop watching it so you can get some sleep.

I curse you for holding in the gender secret. Seriously. I'm dangling on the edge of a cliff here.

Amanda said...

I too have found that this season of Lost is much more intense! I feel like I'm holding my breath for an hour, and then I'm supposed to just go to bed? After all that intense breath holding?? How nice to have a toddler to nap with. Good luck!

Michelle Alley said...

It's so tough when you can't sleep, because your body is saying sleep, but it just doesn't happen. I would be bummed to if I wrote that long post before 6 a.m.! I would say get some sleep, but with all that you have planned it may be in the cards soon? Right - oh, stay away from Lost! Take care of yourself!

janna said...

Can't wait for the reveal.

Email me and maybe I can whip a new blog look just before.

janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Oh Crystal, if I could I'd give you some sleep and energy - not that I have much energy to spare - but I've been borderline narcoleptic lately

crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mikeeha said...

Boy! oops....

Why shes not telling I don't know?

I'm dead

SuperCoolMom said...

Since you're prolonging the suspense, you should make have a poll and a prize. I have to say it...soooooo glad it's you, not me.

Laura said...

You poor thing!! I feel for you! I should get on and chat with you in the middle of the night! My kids and hubby have been sick for 10 days and I have a two-week old- and you know- sleep just doesn't happen! Sometimes I have to laugh and say, seriously, is someone playing a joke on me?! I NEVER get any sleep!!

kay said...

poor thing. you need to get rest during the day crystal!!! stop trying to do it all! everyone knows what a rockin' awesome person you are. let someone else do it for a while. there. i feel better. i hope it wasn't polly pockets too. those make my fingers hurt.

can't wait to see lima bean pix!!!

Desiree said...

The suspense...

Karri said...

So what is your new calling? Was I right?? Can't wait to hear. I hear ya on the polly pocket thing

smithfam said...

Even in the middle of the night and with no sleep, you still look dang cute! No fair.

I hope you get some sleep soon. I am a dragon lady without some decent sleep. That can be pretty hard when I go to bed at 1 in the morning.

Lost--I listened to it while I was FINALLY mopping my nasty floor. It is a pretty intense show isnt it?

I have been waiting for you to post to see if you say what you are having. I guess you are "ONE OF THOSE" that dont find out. RRRRRRRGGGG! LOL

Take a Unisom tonight! I took them during my pregnancies and none of my kids came out with 2 heads or anything like that :)

Jessica said...

I like you. That's all I have to say. I like you and I wished you lived by me, cause you're fun.

mikeeha said...

Ok!... It's a BOY!

nobody listens to me.... what's new.

laci said...

First off, is this boy rumor stuff true?? I need to know. And second I feel your pain with the insomnia stuff. (ok besides being pregnant) But you see that happened to me about a month ago, and I walked over to my Dad's (we live a couple houses over) to look for a book I wanted. Well, my assumption that Nate was deep in dreamland was incorrect because he later awoke to me missing, freaked out, went over to my Dad's hoping I was there, checked about every room EXCEPT the one I was in, proceeded to call my Dad, his parents, and sister - it was 3 in the morning - and had fears of me getting kidnapped. WOW, it was fun trying to talk that one over!!

kellyo75 said...

That picture is way too pretty to be taken on NO sleep. I don't believe it! I hope you are well rested soon. OH-by the way...I saw Say Anything today, FINALLY! I even did a wee review over on my blog!

Julie said...

So sorry about the sleeplessness-but congrats on the pregnancy! Somewhere I missed that!

And way to go on being "super parent teacher mom." You get the gold star award-I wish that it induced sleep!

Susie said...

lost makes me tense too! hang in there mommy--you are doing a great job!
can't wait to see the pictures! are you going to let your readers guess first? see if any of us can actually remember how to read those things?? just an idea.

anywho--email me if you need video help--I have a few tricks for you!

Holly said...

I hope by now you've been able to catch some zzzz's--maybe even a full night? A couple of good naps?

I just keep picturing your PG self hauling all of the teacher luncheon stuff back and forth. Whew, girl!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOST drives me crazy as well... check out my thoughts on my blog, I'm obsessed.

now, go to sleep!

Jessica said...

Hi Crystal,
I've been enjoying going through your recipes blog lately. I hope that you get a chance for a good, long nap. Although being pregnant, you'll just need another nap soon anyway. :-D Looking forward to seeing the big reveal!

Wendi said...

You're having a hard time sleeping? I have a very hard time believing that one, my narcoleptic friend.

Next time you can't get to sleep, come on over. We seem to be the cure for that! =) J/k

Not kidding about coming over.

Love ya!

patsy said...

I haven't slept all week- but I 'm not pregnant. That's so hard!
Can't wait to hear what the baby is......!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh I'm SO sorry that you're feeling so drained and exhausted!
:( I do know how you feel, when I was pregnant with the twins, I could not believe how tired I was -- completely drained!
I did want to let you know that ylou make my day! Come see, I've given you an award! :)

kellyo75 said...

I was in love with Blaine for Andi, not me. Blaine? his name is BLAINE? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!" Duckie is Rad. Andi should have been with Duckie!

Jill said...

I wake up hungry every time I wake up in the night, and if it's one of those night's that I can't sleep then I'm up eating cinnamon and sugar toast or a bowl of cereal...and I'm NOT pregnant!

That sounds like a ton of work for the teacher's lunch, didn't you have anyone to help you? No wonder you were exhausted. Gym shmym!

kelly said...

ah! crap! that's what i forgot to do today - get the eyebrows done! now i have to stand up & give a talk in sacrament & do sharing time looking like oscar the grouch.

SuperCoolMom said...

We're on pins and needles here!!!!

Anonymous said...

i added a link to you on my page - I love reading your blog!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love that picture of you. It says it all without saying anything and you look so young!!! How do you look so young at 4am in the morning with no makeup on. Pass over the tips asap. I totaly have the same sleep problem. once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep. It stinks! I've been know to blog all night - people probaly think I'm a freak!

raising4boys said...

You are such a busy Mom!! That's great that you help out at the school. I agree, naps are a must during pregnancy (and whenever else I have an excuse for taking one).

molly said...

I am sorry you are suffering. I can relate. This is so real. Especially the pic. I did an all nighter pic once. Looked just like this.

sleep remedies: lavendar essential oil, gamma sound waves, white noise, chi gong, deep breathing, meditation, reading light, note pad, 1000 lux light therapy for winter blues.. keep thinking about going to the gym or doing the dishes, that will make you want to roll over and go back to sleep.

Matchbox Mom said...

I'm FREAKING out over here! You MUST post the baby's sex. Ah I said sex. hehehe..floozy.
I can't wait to hear all about the lima bean.
So sorry about your calling! I love Primary too. It's my favorite! You've got wiggle songs, and treats...what more do you need, right?
Sorry for your lack of energy too, but you still have more than I ever do...you're freaking amazing. You're a great Momma!

Tam

shron said...

we are going to revolt if you don't hurry up and blog again! *Ü*

Nat Nat said...

What is with all this suspense? You are killing us! Better post about that baby soon.

Sorry about you not getting any sleep. I will send over the sand man!

KATE said...

Miss Crystal - I posted that breakfast cake recipe from Carrie on my recipe blog. It's all for you sweetie!

Okay seriously, blog about that baby!!! It's killin me!!

Michelle said...

Oh you sweet girl, so sorry your not sleeping. I SO hear you and know what you are going through. I hate it when I don't take my sleeping pill and then can't sleep. As if I need to be punished anymore.

Can't wait for the big reveal! Exciting stuff.

Looks like it was the time for new callings, I got one too. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours ;)

Amanda :-) said...

I lost track of Lost when Channel 4 lost the rights to Sky One, which we haven't got. So that put an end to that. I got hooked on Heroes instead, but stupidly read a load of spoilers on Wikipedia and wrecked it for myself. *rolls eyes*

It doesn't seem long ago that Jill was suffering with insomnia, and now you. I hope it's just a swiftly-passing stage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails