BLOGJACKED!!!! Hello, it's me, Crystal's friend Wendi. I held Crystal's family hostage until she let me onto her blog. I'm doing a special blog today, to let you know that tomorrow is Crystal's birthday.
*
Crystal is one of the cutest, funniest people I know. But if you've ever read her blog, then I'm sure you already know that for yourself. I met Crystal 5 years ago, when we moved to Cedar Hills. We used to be in the same ward until it split (it's split 3 times since then). But we have been friends ever since, and I'm sure will be for a very long time to come.
*
So Crystal, I just wanted to thank you for being such a wonderful friend. There are friends that come, and friends that go, and you've left a mark on my heart forever. We've shared a lot of laughs, but we've also shared a lot of spiritual, tender moments. You, my dear, are the real deal.
*
You are such a fun, and uplifting person to be around. People are drawn to you, because of the twinkle in your eye and the aura of joy that surrounds you.
*
I'm so proud of the inner strength that you have. Just like everyone else in the world, you've had challenges, and you've made it through them all with grace, quiet strength, and dignity. You keep it real, but do not cry out for attention. You turn the other cheek, and never stoop. You're amazing, my sweet friend, and I would be a better person if I could be more like you.
*
I wonder if there is anything that you cannot do. You magnify all of your callings in the church. You're a wiz with the sewing machine (I still love the pants you made Mimi with the ruffles on the bottom). You can cook like nobody's business (you know it's true). (Check out her food blog here.) I'm sure you were the most amazing English teacher ever--well second only to me of course! LOL
*
So tomorrow on your birthday, I hope you have the best day ever, because you deserve it girlfriend!!! Love ya to death! Here's a little collection of my favorite memories with you...
I lost track of how many times our waiter winked at you last night, but look at the tender lovin care he gave you--your own bowl of lemons (that he packed up for you at the end of the night so you could take home) and your very own loaf of bread. He was complimenting you all night long, because you are hot stuff!!! No one would ever guess that you are 9 months pregnant, and due in just a few weeks. You look great!
When life hands you lemons, pull out the sugar and invite me over! We can make lemonade.
Waiter givin you a little birthday hug. Could he be any funnier? I wish I had all of the pictures that we took on your camera last night. Seriously, I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. You need to blog about it when you get a second. What a funny night. But really, what night isn't?? I swear that all I do when I hang out with you is laugh. My cheeks were sore last night as I lay in bed from laughing for 4 hours!!
Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory last night.
Happy Birthday to you Crystal (and Ali in 2 days). The best mint brownies ever (besides the ones that you make) and a gift card to Dear Lizzie (that you better use with me!)
Here we are last month at The Cheesecake Factory again. I love your migraine medicine. It makes you funny.
No, you're not drunk, although sometimes we act like we are. What was it you were saying last night about being able to hold your Coke?
Shopping at Ikea.
You like to claim that you have no decorating sense, but we know otherwise. Your house is exquisite (and yes, I can already hear your rebuttal--"It's all Mike. He's got a talent for these sort of things...", but you do too.)
This panini sandwhich and strawberry/spinach salad that you made for us a couple of months ago was to die for. Promise me that you will still remember me after you are famous and have your own cooking show.
This was at Noodles last year after we went boutiquing. Remember, we met Kelly that day? That was the first MIRL blogger experience.
Here's my sweet friend Crystal at my house last October right after Isabel was baptized. You showed up with a delicious salad, helped me get my luncheon ready, and were such a great friend to me this day. Thanks for all you do for me!
Here comes trouble! By the way, this waiter was so into you too.
This picture says it all.
Yet another late night at Chili's as we drowned our sorrows in chips and salsa. We laughed all night long at our self-portraits, and I remember you said this one was your favorite.
What's a party without you, girl? Last summer at the Luau at my house. You're a riot. Aloha, baby!
Here we are at Chili's last November when you announced to us all that you were pregnant. (Hee hee, except I already knew because Mimi told me during dance the day before.) I love knowing secrets--but notice that I didn't tell a soul!
A toast--"To Crystal and baby lima bean!"
You are so mischevious--that's why I have to always tag along. I've taken it upon myself to keep you out of trouble. It's a full time job.
When life hands you lemons, pull out the sugar and invite me over! We can make lemonade.
Here we are last month at The Cheesecake Factory again. I love your migraine medicine. It makes you funny.
No, you're not drunk, although sometimes we act like we are. What was it you were saying last night about being able to hold your Coke?
This panini sandwhich and strawberry/spinach salad that you made for us a couple of months ago was to die for. Promise me that you will still remember me after you are famous and have your own cooking show.
This was at Noodles last year after we went boutiquing. Remember, we met Kelly that day? That was the first MIRL blogger experience.
Here's my sweet friend Crystal at my house last October right after Isabel was baptized. You showed up with a delicious salad, helped me get my luncheon ready, and were such a great friend to me this day. Thanks for all you do for me!
Here comes trouble! By the way, this waiter was so into you too.
This picture says it all.
Yet another late night at Chili's as we drowned our sorrows in chips and salsa. We laughed all night long at our self-portraits, and I remember you said this one was your favorite.
Here we are at Chili's last November when you announced to us all that you were pregnant. (Hee hee, except I already knew because Mimi told me during dance the day before.) I love knowing secrets--but notice that I didn't tell a soul!
A toast--"To Crystal and baby lima bean!"
You are so mischevious--that's why I have to always tag along. I've taken it upon myself to keep you out of trouble. It's a full time job.
You and your lemon water--thanks for getting me completely hooked. I can't even drink water without a lemon now thanks to you. And I get the lecture from Brian about how I'm ruining the enamel on my teeth...blah blah blah. I hold you personally responsible.
Couples Bunko 2006--Oh my gosh! This seems like FOREVER ago! I'm pretty sure this is the ONLY picture I have of Mike. But I want to say that I think you married such a great guy. I think he's totally perfect for you, and it's fun watching the 2 of you interact. You have a great marriage, and I love that he's trying to be a good sport in this picture, although clearly he doesn't love dressing up.
PARK day! I love that our kids love to play together as much as we do. Very convenient.
Here we are in front of Capitol Theater when we went to see Mama Mia. SO hilarious. We stood and danced and laughed our heads off this night. Remember walking around all over the city afterwards trying to find someplace that was open so we could eat? I can't remember, did we end up eating or did we just give up and go home?
Celine Dion concert. Whoo, baby! This was such a fun show--and it was so much fun to be there with you cheering and screaming. You're such a groupy--LOL.
Seriously, Las Vegas with the girls. What a FUN trip! You are awesome Crystal!
Happy Birthday to a wonderful friend, and a remarkable woman!
Couples Bunko 2006--Oh my gosh! This seems like FOREVER ago! I'm pretty sure this is the ONLY picture I have of Mike. But I want to say that I think you married such a great guy. I think he's totally perfect for you, and it's fun watching the 2 of you interact. You have a great marriage, and I love that he's trying to be a good sport in this picture, although clearly he doesn't love dressing up.
PARK day! I love that our kids love to play together as much as we do. Very convenient.
Here we are in front of Capitol Theater when we went to see Mama Mia. SO hilarious. We stood and danced and laughed our heads off this night. Remember walking around all over the city afterwards trying to find someplace that was open so we could eat? I can't remember, did we end up eating or did we just give up and go home?
Celine Dion concert. Whoo, baby! This was such a fun show--and it was so much fun to be there with you cheering and screaming. You're such a groupy--LOL.
Seriously, Las Vegas with the girls. What a FUN trip! You are awesome Crystal!Happy Birthday to a wonderful friend, and a remarkable woman!

55 comments:
Love ya friend!
Blogjacker..great post for such a wonderful friend..Crystal I love ya baby!!! I am so glad to be apart of you life and to share in the fun of great girlfriends like yourself!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
a-
It's good to see you up and about again, Crystal! Happy birthday tomorrow!
That is hilarious about a blogjacker doing a b-day post for you! I love it! What super fun photos and great times you have had. You definitely are the life of the party! Thanks for being a BLOGGER so I can still have a small glimpse into the Hanson fam! Happy Birthday girl!
Happy Birthday!
♡ Great post!!! Happy Birthday to you!!! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! what a sweet friend Wendi is to post all this about you! love all the pictures since you are eternally holding out on them. seriously! you are one hot mama!
Hope your birthday is fabulous my rad friend. all the coolest people have their birthday's this week! wink, wink! i hope yours is SPECTACULAR!
Happy Happy Birthday CrystalDear!!!!
Heeheehee, I hope you have that song stuck in your head! My birthday song is always - It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, ...
Then there's always the 16 candles one...happy BirthDay, happy BirthDay...
I'm trying as hard as I can to get you humming all day!!! Think of me :)
Happy Happy Day Crystal! I feel guilty I didn't include you in my May birthday post! You are one of the coolest, neatest, most entertaining, lovable and awesome people I know. Not to mention cousin! You deserve a wonderful day! Lots of love, Laci
Wendi, what a nice, fun blog about Crystal! LOVE all the pictures and memories. What a fab friendship the two of you have!!
Crystal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope its a wonderful wonderful one!
Are you one year older and wiser too?
You guys have wayyyyy too much fun together! Happy birthday!
how super sweet!! hope you have a super-duper wonderful birthday crystal!!!
(and tell that lima bean to hurry up!)
What a fantastic birthday post! And an amazing friendship! I love it! I hope you have a great birthday, Crystal. YOU deserve it!!
You are so cute Crystal! I love all the pics. Happy Birthday!
I had no idea it was your birthday, I'm glad Wendi blogjacked you and wrote this great post. I've been wondering how you're feeling and if you're allowed out of bed, so I'm happy to see got out to The Cheesecake Factory. (You don't look 9 months pregnant at all, how did you manage that?)
Happy Birthday cute Crystal!
Happy birthday Crystal. Awesome post Wendi. What a wonderful group of friends you have!!
Happy Birthday Crystal! So glad you had such a fun time out with your friends! Take care and have a great and wonderful birthday!
Okay, Crystal. You seriously need to get out more. You apparently have a real lack of social in your life and I hope you make that you Birthday Resolution this year, okay?
Happy Birthday, almost related blogfriend.
Okay, now after looking back at this, I think it seems like I have more pictures of you than of my kids?!
dancin' queen: thank you for making this wonderful post about crystal for her birthday. what a great birthday present! and thanks for being a perfect friend for and to crystal. i'm so glad she has you for a friend. i love dancin' queen! xoxoxoxox
YOU SNEAKY LITTLE STINKER!!!
I started to cry when I was first reading your blogjacking post, then I ended up laughing and smiling! What a nice friend you are, to write such a lengthy post all for ME! You certainly are a true friend.
You made my day :)
Happy Birthday!!!! It was fun to read about your great adventures! You are truly beautiful, fun, exciting, gracious etc. etc. I could go on and on! I'm so glad I met you!
You guys I LOVE this. First of all Wendi, good job, I'm very impressed that you could pull this off. And second you guys really have such a cool and fun relationship. I love all the pics, looks like you guys have tons of fun.
Crystal, do something way fun tomorrow and just pamper pamper pamper yourself, you definitely deserve it. Happy Happy day to such a great gal!
So wait I just had to add that I feel somewhat privileged that the only picture you have a Mike is in my house. Wow that seems like forever ago, I forgot how adorable you looked. You cute little witch you. Love your guts
happy happy birthday!
it's your special day!
i hope it's FABULOUS!
Superb post! Love all the images!
oo00ooHaPpY BiRtHdAy CrYsTaLooo000
In honor of your birthday, I am going to eat a lemon. Maybe with a candle in it, maybe not.
Happy Birthday Crystal! I bet you're totally feeling ready for that baby to come out. I wish I were as close to delivering like you. Looks like you've been having some great time out with the girls though. (Just what any doctor should order.)
what a great tribute!!! happy happy bday Crystal!!
Blogjacked! Ha Ha! You sound like a riot! I wish I could be apart of your cute "gang" of friends. Have a super happy birthday Crystal!
Happy Happy Birthday! I haven't been around much lately, but it looks like I came back just in time! I'm glad I got to say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
I hope it's fabulous!
What a great group of friends you have!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
P.S. I would love to know what kind of migraine medicine makes you punchy and you can take it when you are pregnant? (I've been having way too many lately and I'm still nursing)
Good luck on your last few weeks of pregnancy. So fun!
Happy Birthday Crystal! How fun!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUCH A CUTE LADY! HOPE IT IS WONDERFUL!!!
Happy Birthday Crystal!!! You look amazing and it also looks like you had quite the party. Fun photo's, great tribute Wendy :)
Hey what a wonderful tribute! I am officially BELATED this time again!, well I did not know you last year, or this year for that matter, physically speaking, but I sure do feel LIKE i KNOW YOU A LITTLE BIT. Well happy happy birhtday to you, and that soul you have that seems to be contagious. Thank you wendi for such tribute to your friend, H a P P Y bI R THDAY!
What a wonderful tribute post!!!! I don't know either of you personally but this was a joy to read! I love how she said that you are the, "real deal". What a beautiful compliment :)
Happy Birthday!
That waiter wants to be your boyfriend ;)
Crystal,
Hey friend Happy B-day! Wendi's post brought back some great memories. Especially Vegas and our encounter with Vince Vaughn. I'm sure he remembers us, or at least his body guard does. Great times!
LOL, Ali
Crystal,
Hey friend Happy B-day! Wendi's post brought back some great memories. Especially Vegas and our encounter with Vince Vaughn. I'm sure he remembers us, or at least his body guard does. Great times!
LOL, Ali
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY my DEAR!!!
As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short!!! (Well, okay 3 days late and a coupla hundred short!)
You deserve ALL the best Crystal.
You truly are a sweet and bright spot in the lives of many.
Fabulous post Wendi. Nicely managed!
Happy Birthday (belated). What a GREAT post!! I love all the photos and insight into your character from a third party!! Hope your day was fabulous.
awww!!! i can't believe i am just getting to this post, now!!!
Hope ya had a great birthday!
it's sooo good to have friends, and you two are so fun together...(jealous!)
How fun!
Love ya!
What a wonderful blog tribute post Wendi did for you! How nice to have such a friend! Happy late birthday Crystal! Loved getting to know you better through this birthday post! Thanks Wendi for doing it... yay for blogjackers .... well friendly nice blogjackers! :)
Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late. There's no way you're nine months prego. you look good girl! You and Wendi are so lucky to have each other. I can tell you guys have something "special".
Happy birthday Crystal, I second everything that was written about you! I hope you are feeling good and that you had an amazing birthday!!!
This is very belated friend, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway. I think it's so fun that Wendi blogjacked you and shared all these memories and pictures.
Happy Birthday!!!
What a great tribute from Wendi. She is so sweet!
You are a very cute pregnant girl!! No wonder that waiter was rubbin up on ya!!!!
CRYSTAL! I miss you!!! I can hear your voice in my head- making jokes and singing songs. I blog-hopped from Sue, and I'm so glad to hear all this about you! Next time you go to Cheesecake Factory- I want to come!! Good luck with your baby!!! Happy birthday!! Love ya, Marlane
I am so glad that you got blog-jacked. Happy Belated Birthday. I am glad to see you up and about a little. I hope all is going well with baby Lima Joe. Almost there.
Happy Birthday you cute, cute girl!!! I hope your day is as fun as you are! Wendi - you rock for posting all that about your friend you are a sweetie for sure! Sorry to hear you have been down. I hope things are looking up with you and lima bean!
Happy late Birthday (I'm always late in my wishes). That was fun to see pics of you. Looks like you have a great group of friends!
51 comments--girl--you are so
P-O-P-U-L-A-R!
What a sweet friend to do this cute post for you!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Be-lated Birthday. Looks like you had a good one.
This is just about the sweetest post I've ever read. What a great friend you have! I hope you had a happy birthday. Your little one is due any day now..... yipppeee!
Post a Comment