I am continuing my post from yester-night as I eat an avocado sandwich. Yes. Avocados and spinach between bread. Yum. Don't lecture me....avocados are good fat. (Is any fat "good fat?" Why can't cookies be good fat?)
I've been meaning to jot down my Daily Doings each day (to quote Kramer, "Starting...NOW"), but somehow I never get to it. So here is my last week's excitement:
Last Monday (Oct. 6) I had just returned from my latest Harebrained Scheme (more on that at a later date) so, at Mimi's request, we had an easy & fun Family Night at the library and then the park. The kids rode bikes on the walking path and Mike & I walked the stroller. I had to snap a few photos with my camera because I love this park at twilight. That night the big lights were on for a softball game, there were families everywhere and it was perfect Americana.
Tuesday (Oct. 7), after shuttling Mimi and Isabelle to & fro for dance, I went to dinner with my fabulous visiting teachers. We do this once a quarter, which is a brilliant idea. Here is what the nipper did most of the day:

Wednesday (Oct. 8) was spent in the usual way...playing with Mimi, house chores, feeding the baby and loving him up...then navigating the after-school chaos of friends, flag football practice, homework, dinner, church obligations...blah blah blah. I went to Young Women and then out to meet the girls for dinner.
Lately I've been toting little Jack around in my carrier because he likes to snoop in all the action. He can only lounge in the carseat for so long before he becomes impatient and wants to see what's going on. Look at his snoopy little face in this photo, checking out my camera. "Hey, what's that?" Little cutie. 
Thursday (Oct. 9) was a little of Max's flag football game and a lot of parent/teacher conferences. Then off to meet some neighborhood girlfriends for a relaxing night of dinner and some riotous conversation. I went a little overboard on the after-hours socializing last week, but it's hard to pass up good friends!

Friday (Oct. 10) I went to Old Navy for a kid-winter-clothes-extravaganza, accompanied by Ali. I had all four children and Ali had none. Spoiled girl, with a built-in 14 year old babysitter at home! Someday. Jack got a baby-sized hoodie at Old Navy.
Saturday (Oct. 11) I felt like the Roadrunner. (Meep-meep) Take & pick up Max from Scouts, run Max to pick up a Lego book from the library in a mad dash before it closed, prowl the mall with Max to find winter clothes for the kids, pick up kids' friends for late nighter party, deal with party chaos. Phew! Busy! At least Baby Joe had a diaper blowout on Mike's shift. Actually, he's blown out his diaper on Mike's shift every time for the last 3 weeks. Good job, Baby!
And he found his hand! He looks a little scared of it.
I organized my pantry last week, too. It was driving me crazy. Repeatedly this week I have found myself going to stand in it, just to stare and admire my handiwork. I need to get a life.
Oh, look at what is so cleverly hidden next to the freezer bags!


The End.

27 comments:
SO...THAT's what you were doing up. Staring at your pantry. And GEEZ you are a busy woman! Sure you have time for coconut shrimp?
Oh, and by the way, I do the same goofy staring thing at pictures I edit lately.
P.S. PROOF that I am a freaky night owl...check out the time. BOOOO. I need to sleep!
Sounds like life with a new baby is wonderful. I'm in awe of your pantry. The sheer size of it amazes me. I also love how you have included cute baby Jack in your self portraits!!! He is the cutest baby ever!!!
WOW check out the times of the comments from Cecily and Missy!! Im sooooo not a night owl. I could go to bed at 9 every night. I don't but I could.
I think your sandwich sounds delish. Love your American walk aren't we so lucky to live here.
Yes, baby is the cutest!!!
I love the roadrunner, "meep meep"...Your baby's eyes are so beautiful...I love that he likes to snoop. I giggled at the little, "snoopy" picture!
I TOTALLY do the staring thing! Hey- the little ones don't notice your organizational efforts... you have to give yourself some praise!
PS he is adorable and looks like his brother!
Your sandwich sounds good for late night eating. I stare at any organizational projects I have accomplished as well- someone has to appreciate them before the chaos sets back in!
Reading your baby posts makes me baby hungry! NOT gonna happen though! Love him a little for me!
Oh, there's nothing wrong with staring at pure organizational bliss. I do it far more than I should.
Ok, so at least you can stare at your organizational heaven, I sit and stare at my unorganized MESS and think that maybe by staring it will some how become organized. I do have magic eyes you know!!!!
Love all the pics, you're such a darling mom.
Sounds like a fun week, come clean my pantry any time you like.
pass the sees, please.
what a social butterfly you are!
I love the photos of the evening at the park. It's almost like I'm there. But not quite.
geesh, you aren't very busy at all! Don't you love playing taxi mom?
did youknow that avocados are very good for women, seriouslytheyhave healthy benefits...and also they are the good kind of cholesterol that fights the bad kind so indulge sister...it is the good kind...and ohhhh i love love love tortas de aguacate....theyare the best best best, just kind of like your sandwich....youhave been busy and i am soo happy to hear that you are doing well and just love to imagine how you just cadle to baby at night...youare sooo sweet...i still can't believe i did not hold him, when i was there...what was i thinking:? yes, i do remember your hug and it was such such a cool day... i really really enjoyed meeting you even a mini express visit. til next time...for sure
Umm, I love avocados with lemon pepper on them! Your pantry looks fabulous! What a great feeling. I'd be in there several times a day sneaking a See's. LOVE those late night cuddle sessions.
Oh he is so cute!!! I am absolutly in love with his cute little nose!!
MMMMMM! Me likey whats hidden in your pantry. My kids have radar. It would be found in 5 seconds flat and gone in less then that.
If only potato chips were good fat, I'd be really healthy.
Does the baby have a name yet? Am I the only one who's confused? You called him Baby Jack and Baby Joe in this post right? Am I mental? He is so stinkin cute I felt a little pang in my heart while looking at these pictures. What's next, involuntary lactating? Good grief.
I'd like to hear about your harebrained scheme.
I could eat avocados at any time of day or night.
If my pantry looked like that, I can only imagine how much time I would spend admiring it!
Hey Girlfriend- I left some bloggy bling for you over at THT!
I just organized my clothes closet (for the first time in a couple years). It looks so good, I want to sleep on the floor!
You are my hero! Can I be you when I grow up?
You crack me up girl! Avocados and spinach at midnight! So funny!
Is it okay that I covet your pantry? Dang you are so lucky!
Baby Jack is so precious! I'm sure he's getting spoiled by you guys!
Hey busy girl! I love how your pantry looks!
We could hang out together every night(morning), because I can't go to bed before 2 am...what the heck is wrong with us????
Nothing....that's the only time of the day I get time for myself!!!
WOW your pantry looks great! Want to do mine? And your little one is just a doll!
Oh and I forgot to mention that Avocados are YUM! Right there with you on the sandwich.
Heaven's sakes Crystal, that boy is so so cute! Look at those eyes and that smile - how could you not carry him around all day! And, btw - pass those See's candy this way!
sweet little baby.
and fun mom. love your labels...
I just found your blog via C Jane...So cute. Looks like my home and schedule. Even with the See's. :) IAnd what a cutie that little one is...my youngest is 6 months right now. I'll be sure to visit again now that I know about your blog.
Wendy
Post a Comment