Some people use medicinal marijuana.
I practice the usage of medicinal carbs.
Lest you worry, I'm a user--not an abuser.
I started up my Kitchenaid at 11pm tonight. Mike shuffled by, on his way to bed, and told me I was crazy. Well I'm not crazy--I've just been in a very bad mood for the last ten hours! (anyone know the quote?)
I got released from my calling today, a completely unforeseen event. I knew the YW President was going to be released soon, due to a move to Japan (Japan!), but I kinda thought I was going to stick around. I've been in turmoil about it all day because I really love working in the Young Women program. I had Big Plans for the next few months. What's wrong with me, that I got the ax after not even one year of being in the presidency?! I know this is silly, but I can't help the feelings that are bombarding me....inadequacy...maybe I wasn't a good example...I was disorganized...not good enough... unwanted...too silly & not adult enough.....

Or maybe it is because I'm funny looking. I'm not sure.
But really, all those feelings are unreasonable and I know it in my rational brain. My spirit can't help feeling dampened, though. I have become very attached to the girls and it's difficult to think of a new leader taking over my miamaids and having the privilege of helping to direct their spiritual growth. There will be an immediate detachment so they can can attach and bond with their new leader. And that is right and good. But it makes me sad to know that I'm not their leader anymore. Ah, well, such is the cycle of serving in the church. I will admit, too, to feeling directionless without a calling.
I started up my Kitchenaid at 11pm tonight. Mike shuffled by, on his way to bed, and told me I was crazy. Well I'm not crazy--I've just been in a very bad mood for the last ten hours! (anyone know the quote?)


26 comments:
Yummo!!! That looks wonderful!! Sorry about no longer being the leader, that stinks.
Sorry about getting released so suddenly. It seems like having a calling like that would mean a period of mourning afterward. And your therapy looks pretty tasty. I have never made something like that!
It's such a bummer when you and the Lord have different plans. I hope you have plans to post that recipe though, because I must now bake today!!!
Steel Magnolias
Medicinal carbs are good for the soul (but bad for the bum, at least mine anyway). My drug of choice is cookie dough. I feel ya, sister.
i hope you come to my house soon [with the recipe for the braided pastry!] wow, how much notice did you have that you were being released from yw? heard it from the stand like everybody else? sometimes they do that to you. my joint sympathies & joys are offered! xoxoxoxox m.
Still chuckling about the "medicinal carbs." I'm totally stealing that and taking credit :)
You tempt us with such pictures and don't post a recipe? I can almost smell the deliciousness through my screen ... you are torturing an overdue pregnant woman. Are you proud of yourself?
Hey weazer!! My time is coming to an end as well..we need to get together and drown our sorrows with a molten cake and talk!
I'm sorry you bummed. You know if you like a calling they do not leave you there very long! You were a great leader and I wouldn't sweat it. I'm happy to see you back in RS! As you can tell the kids are keeping me very busy :-) They are jumping just like I planned :-) I told them we would bake a treat when they came in.
Hop you have more for the morning with that pastry hang over. (Laughing). Feel better soon.
I got the Steel Magnolia quote right away!
I totally understand your feelings of sadness upon being released, and hope you will disregard any feelings of inadequacy that creep into your brain. It must be time for someone else to gain those blessings and time for you to share your genius ways elsewhere. We'd love to have you in our primary!
I have been known to abuse carbs, but never in a way that benefits everyone with the glorious smell and treats to share.
HAHA!! Nothing better than yummy bread! Wish I lived next door ;)
I'm thinking that piece is too small for what you just went through. Eat up! For tomorrow you will be RS prez!
I could've written the exact same post 6 months ago when I got released from my calling as a miamaid teacher...I can totally relate.
The difference is that you have a magic way to turn anything bad or sad into goodness....I'm totally craving that bread right now!
The braid you brought to the retreat was very good also. You are good! I enjoy making bread especially when I am under a lot of stress. It just relieve me somehow... and don't worry, something else will come your way soon;-)
Steal Magnolias!!! Love it.
Please share this recipe. It looks divine!
That bread with cherries in it, looks very similar to something my family used to make growing up every christmas - basically bread with cherry pie filling - did you add anything else? PS, please tell me you got your package - it should have arrived over a week ago - I hope I sent it to the right home - silly me.
Hi sweet friend. Of course you are sad about being released. You love those girls--it's so obvious. I remember how sad you were last year when you got released from your primary class.
I think it is awesome how whenever you are called to a new position, you plant your roots and blossom where you are planted. It's hard being uprooted, but I have no question that you'll bloom in your next calling as well.
You are an amazing, talented woman. You were not released because of inadequacy. You always magnify your callings. You're a great example.
(You were released so you can go out with us to Chilis more.) ;)
Call me.
I'm ready.
hey lady! relax they loved you. i bet they thought you might need a break to savor your time in RS with your little munchkin. and enjoy a little you time.
and seriously revel in it! no calling is awesome . not a reason to feel sad. i like having mediocre callings. that don't wake so much time away from my little family. it's a blessing.
heavenly day what is that bread. looks FABULOUS!
i covet! and seriously go eat some pears and cheese. it's been awhile.
that looks delightful. and delish
i am sorry to hear about the release. i am still trying to figure out some of the LDS ways and protocol but sad for you that it was such a blow.
will be interested to see where you end up? (next calling)
Oh Weezer(sp?)...she may have been my favorite.
Carbs (of all kinds) provide me regular therapy too--though nothing as fancy as that bread.
Steel Magnolias! only one of the best movies ever!
Your baking creation looks heavenly! I"m going to bed hungry tonight because I've been bad the past few days. Too much celebrating after the awesome week I had last week!
hey, we could use you in our ward. :o)
You know you are awesome! I too felt a little bummed even though I was thinking for a while now that it would be nice to be released and have a change - the girls are just so great and I will miss them too but we will still get to see them. Your bread looks amazing! Was that yours at the retreat? It was delicious. Also, thanks for a being a lifesave on Sunday with the onesie - I will remember from now on to carry extra clothing for the unexpected blowouts!!
♥ I'm sorry you were released! That looks really good though! You're such a great cook! :)
ok, i think that i peed my pants a little from laughing so hard while reading this....you really should write a book! LOL
I WISH that I could do a post about being released...I am in the primary presidency and I am just not loving it. Most days I feel like the glorified ward babysitter, that isn't paid! Sigh, I know I know, I must not have learned what I need to yet.
I am glad that you admit to your addictions! I know of a great class that you could attend called CEA- carb eaters anonymous....ya, they meet at my house on a regular basis...one catch though, you MUST bring some of that divine looking creation to each class. LOL
Ok, I must go and change into some dry undergarments now!!!! LOLOLOLOL
Baking as therapy. Works for me!
You know those girls love you more than their luggage! (Quote for Quote baby!)
Post a Comment