So I began to entertain myself to pass the time.
I took a photo of the line (above) and then snapped one with some pals I ran into (below.)* It actually is important to differentiate who's who--above & below--because I was voting amongst a decidedly octogenarian crowd.
I took a self portrait with Mimi in our matching Sarah shirts. Girl Power. This is the "Self Portrait" part of my SPT post. On a side note, I've decided I need botox. Sheesh.
I took approximately 19 pictures of my ballot because they all turned out fuzzy. The people in line behind me were getting restless. Canes were thumping.
After voting, I said to Mike, "I voted and you know what that makes me? A SUPERSTAR!" and did a Mary Catherine-style lunge. He made me re-do it and took a picture for me. Which did not turn out. So here is a clip of Mary Catherine doing it:
So, although my antics went thoroughly unappreciated by the octogenarian crowd, today it was an honor and a privilege to cast my ballot for a woman on the vice presidential ticket.
The results were not what I'd hoped. I've been drowning my sorrows in Diet Coke but it's not working. I've gotta go clean something.
Go to Lelly's blog for this month's SPT topics and join in!
* And Katie, I'm totally sorry for posting that silly photo of you with your eyes closed. But it's the only one I had. You can return the favor anytime.

36 comments:
Way to go girl!
I'm not happy about the results either, so I've been drowning my sorrows in Diet Mountain Dew...LOL
PS-Love the matching "I heart Sarah" shirts!!!
You're a SUPERSTAR!
I so wish I could have stood in line with you and entertained the geriatic, cane thumping crowd--would have been a blast.
I took my camera inside with me, but chickened out taking a picture at the booth. Wimp. I know.
Okay, we were separated at birth because how often do I bust out the superstar lunge? Um...A LOT and it usually goes unappreciated.
You crack me up. Those matching shirts are adorable! I wish I would have taken my camera with us- it was so early and all I could think about was to make sure my kids were fully clothed...
I think a re-take of your pose is in order. You are a superstar :)
thought about you this morning...even before i found your comment on my spt!
i am thrilled for you and the other R women that you were able to cast your vote for the first woman R on the ballot. how exciting for you!
i have a feeling you will get a lot of wear out of those sarah shirts, though mimi will outgrow hers by 2012.
hugs to you, my conservative friend. thanks for visiting, even though you probably knew what my spt would be...
You are a superstar, indeed!! I love your spunk!
horray for you!!! I took pictures of my experience too...I'm glad that I am not the only one who did that! LOL
You look amazing! Botox??? Whatever!
There was NO ONE in line when I went...next time go at 1pm, it was easy breezy japanessy! You are a riot, I miss you, when can we get together and pig out????
You are FUNNY! I heart you.
I'm going to drown my sorrows with a steak. Wanna come?
P.S. I can't do Friday. How about Saturday?
P.S.S. You look really pretty in purple. Seriously.
Thankfully I had only about a 3 min wait and then I voted. So disappointed in the results :(
you are awesome ! total "super star"
love the drowning your sorrows shirt.
and yes i super love your shirts.
Too bad you didn't get a good photo of the lunge. Or video for that matter.
Hey superstar, let Mike take one more pic of you doing it and post it! (video would do also)
Your pic with Mimi is so cute!!
Okay, first: LOVE the pic of you and Mimi. You need to frame it.
Second, you do NOT need Botox. I need new skivvies.
Third: You know how Mary Catherine always gets enthusiastic about something, spazzes out and then crashes into a wall or bathroom stall or...whatever is in her way? Well, THAT is Gracie. It's so Gracie it's scary. Which is why she doesn't wear short pleated skirts and white granny panties.
Seriously, there are days when she's one Lifetime Movie Network monologue away from scaring the crumbs out of me. Or making my laugh hysterically.
So coke is the way to make the sorrows disappear? 7-11 here I come!
I've been drowning my sorrows in Dr. Pepper. The full on strong stuff!
Love your matching Sarah shirts. You go miss Superstar!!
This is adorable. And I so want to see YOU doing the Superstar!
You are a superstar. LOVE the shirt. Wish I'd have taken pics at my polling place. I was there for-EVER!
Hey girl, it was so good to see you yesterday!!! You look great and little Jack is absolutely adorable! I miss chatting with you. And I LOVE your Sarah shirts, dang huh?
Hey I use to work with Yolanda, she's awesome. You go superstar!!!
I truly want to see you doing the "pose" please show it to me the next time you are over! BTW Olivia was telling me about Sarah. When I asked when she heard all things she told me at Mimi's. LOL
I had to comment. I followed you over from Hannah's blog. I also wish I were voting at your precinct. I would have loved to see the canes a thumping.
Can you re-do the pose? It sounds hilarious.
The shirts are pretty cute.
I heart Sarah too.
Maybe next time.
I am a true believer in the superstar lunge. I hope we get to see a reenactment.
"Canes were thumping" that's classic!
It takes a special kind of person to make standing in an Octogenarian line like a PARTY! Oh, the imagery of the thumping canes!! I'm surprised they LET you take pics of your ballot... what if you were up to something subversive? Were you?? ;)
I just LOVE the shirt. Great! Your post made me laugh. Thank you!
Love the matching shirts! I took my camera too the polls too and my pictures didn't turn out there either. Good for you for voting and for dancing too!
Of course loved it! & I love the drowing your sorrows picture! where are the candy cane oreos?
Superstar!!, sometimes when I get nervous I put my hands in my armpits...
botox?!? those octogenarians are rubbing off on you!!
Very proud of you! Law breaker!!
Missy: Well, I just figure if they don't even ASK ME FOR PHOTO I.D., all bets are off and I can snap a picture of my ballot.
You are so brilliant. I didn't even think of taking a picture of my ballot. What if they'd lost it and I had no proof? I'm just proud of the fact that Arizona is smarter than the majority of the country.
BTW no line at all when I went - perfectly timed.
FYI, when one says Supercool Mom, Supercool is supposed to be said with the lunge and arms.
What a super fun post!
I was at least 50 years younger than everyone in the room voting as well [except for my husband and 3 kids I had to take to vote with me because school is closed on election day].
Yes, you may put me on your side bar.
But, seriously google reader is to blogging what Tivo is to TV. It's easy and saves you time. I swear.
You kill me! Can you be any funnier?
Great post! I love your matching tshirts! Tell Mike he's busted for not stopping by when he was in town.
Suppa Star!
Love you photos
First, whatever on the whole botox thing - and I can totally see you doing that superstar lunge - come to think of it, I can totally see myself doing that too! Love the photos and your matching Palin shirts -so cute. Maybe a little coke zero will be stronger?
Post a Comment