Today was a lazy day, the sort of day that ambles along with no true agenda and I loved every second of it. The parents slept in while Isabelle & Max tended and entertained the baby. I am loving the older kid thing! It makes me want to have 3 more babies. In theory.
In theory.
I remember asking my good friend's mother, who had 8 children, how in the WORLD she raised eight kids. To which she breezily replied, "Oh, I didn't! I raised four children. The older ones raised the younger four!" So true! It's a beautiful thing. But really, I am so grateful that Sis and Max love Jack so much and enjoy watching him. When I need help, they just scoop him up and take him off to entertain him. And in the mornings one or both of them fetches him out of his crib and they just keep him upstairs with the kids while I do my thing downstairs. I've got a stupendous gig here, I tell you.
So today Mike & I (almost) finished the monumental task of organizing the garage. In all fairness, Mike did 90% of it. But I figure he owes me for 13 years of ME cleaning TOILETS 90% of the time. So. The mountain of boxes that should have been in basement storage for the last 2 years is now where it belongs and the garage is gloriously empty. It gives me a thrill.
Max spent four straight hours working on his fort on the back patio. As soon as his Boy Radar detected junk being purged from the garage, he was out there scavenging odd bits and pieces to create a fort, which looks like a lean-to shelter from the ghetto and is the cutest thing I've ever seen. He whisked Jack away as soon it was finished and they hung out in the boy fort for a long while.
He kept Jack entertained for some time by giving him rocks to drop out the fort window.

12 comments:
Isaac and Gracie are a HUGE help with Evie too. I think that little girl prefers Isaac to me on most days...and on most days that's okay with me. :)
Love the fort. There's nothing like boys and their forts.
How great that your older kids are so good to help with Jack!
I love it that Max spent all day in his box fort, my kids love making and playing in box forts too!
my grandurchins are so darling! and they build such fabulous structures. but i hate to tell you, crystal, that the one is named Joe, not Jack.
Boxes & Boys- what a great combination!
I love, love, love a clean garage- but haven't gotten around to cleaning mine out for a while...
soon- before it's too hot, I hope!
Hooray for a slow day & siblings who get along- I love that they love him so much. He is the cutest thing ever-
Glad to hear your older two are so helpful with Jack--that is a ginormous blessing I'm sure.
The fort is the BEST. So cool and totally a boy's dream to construct and reside in for a while.
Hope your week isn't too crazed--hope you soaked enough of the low-key lazy day to carry you through! :)
I LOVE Maxs fort! Its so true too, I don't know how I would have handled Brookie without Savannah and Avery! I remember being so on top of things with the first three. They were all little together, and I had it under control. But Brookie seemed to throw things out of whack for me, and they have helped a TON!!
I can't believe how big Jack is! Don't you love a clean garage??? Unfortunatly I am the only one that cleans ours....urghhh.
I LOVE having older kids to help out with the younger lads! Welcome to my world of occasionally sleeping in while the kids take care of the little ones! Hahaha
I love clean garages! Give a kid a box and you don't see them for hours.
holy cow! did you let him play with spray paint too?
WOW!
rad fort.
freaking awesome helpful older siblings.
my big kids are that way too it's freaking awesome!
Ethan would do the same thing! I love that his fort has spray paint on it.
How wonderful to have so much help with little Jack! Fabulous.
The boy fort is adorable. What a great thing to have documented, too.
Oh my goodness! It's true! That baby is almost a toddler. What a cutie he is too!!!
Post a Comment