I finally made time this weekend to haul everyone to this spectacular park my friend Yolanda told me about. Like what usually happens when you plan an outing with four children, one of whom is a very active little 16-month boy, the plan went somewhat awry.
Thanks to this:
(notice background)
Photo 1
But no.
We wanted nothing to do with the huge field of grass. Didn't want to run around with Max and Sis, who were having an epic nerf battle. He wanted to throw rocks into the stream, precariously close to the edge, having absolutely no balance. Not only that, but he threw a fit every time we dragged him away from the stream. A FIT. EACH & EVERY TIME. Basically, he had a miserable outing and I had been positive he would have a great time.
(insert the Mother-of-Four Eye Roll.)Here he is, making a break for it.
I managed to snap a few quick photos.
Here's Mimi, with my SAME 6-yr old smile.
I love this one, too.
Aqua Boy and me.
Isabelle wanted so badly to have her picture taken with just her & Jack. Can you tell he was THIS CLOSE to losing it? Must...get...to...water...Throw....rocks....Jump....in...
Also, there's a road that begs to have me run on it. On a day separate from the camp chair and the snacks.

12 comments:
Man I can relate to good photo intentions gone terribly wrong...heee. These are great though.
And I wanna come...both to run (slowly) and chill- I'll bring snacks! :)
Looks like fun! I know the "throw the rocks in the stream feeling"! Tell me where it is!
Oh my gosh Mimi looks so grown up in these pictures! Tell her to stop growing!
Beautiful background, and I guess it was successful if everyone left alive.
It's rather cruel that you don't know the name of this gorgeous park, what in the world??
Your family is just beautiful, I wouldn't be able to stop taking pictures of them.
but the pics are FABULOUS! lovely fall colors. (we so don't have anything of the sort here) someday you'll look back and remember how tiny he was, and it won't be so bad .even if it was hell on wheels this week. pictures with any number of kids just bites. kudos on the attempt!
Crystal your kids are adorable! Look how stinkin cute Jack is! And I love that he's a rambunctious little guy, such a boy thing. Love all the pics, glad you guys came out alive!
i do believe you can credit the erickson girls [from wallentine camp] for joe wanting to play in the stream all the time!
...and I'm going to have two of these running around! Whew! Love the photos you were able to snap for a belined it. The chilled diet coke sounds great!
Love the pictures! Where is that beautiful park? Love it!
I say lets go... I'll bring the diet cokes!
Your kids are so cute. I think you got some great shots.
Sometimes I find that I will go hungry before I eat something healthy. Seriously.... it's no wonder...
I love the one with them running!
Post a Comment