• Slept in...until a time that will not be divulged. It's too decadent.

• Saw the "Toy Story" double feature with Isabelle & Mimi. I suspect I enjoyed the movies even more than the girls did; I was that one embarrassing loud-laugher in the theater. In my defense, though, I must state that I have loved "Toy Story" since Max was just a little tyke. That was ten years ago! Whoa.
Lately, Jack has been reclining in his high chair with a bottle when he needs some down time--and what does he watch?...."Toy Story." He LOVES it. I so clearly remember Max doing the same thing; he'd lay down in a floor nest, sip away at a bottle and stare at Woody & Buzz, mesmerized. That was ten years ago, but i can recall the memory so clearly; Max's solid little toddler-body, his fuzzy hair, even the baby-smell of him. It doesn't FEEL like it was that long ago. The memory of him as a little baby is so clear, and yet all of a sudden I've blinked my eyes and here we all are in the Middle Growing Up Years. So I've been a little disoriented today. Where has my life gone? It's speeding by faster than I ever dreamed it would.

(Those 2 bumps are my feet.)
• Took Jack outside to play in the cul-de-sac while Mimi busted her bike outta training wheels! (My approach to training wheels is basically the same one I use with potty training: Keep the safety device ON until the kid is doing it themselves anyway and the training wheels/diaper are a moot point.) I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Mimi's Freedom Ride. Dangit. I was too busy circumventing all the various dangers Jack posed to himself out on the open sidewalk. And in the street. And on the hill. And in the mud. He had a grand time throwing rocks for an hour straight.


(I can't believe he actually keeps these little shades on.)
• Continued my frenzy of decorating for Halloween. I am an abysmal home decorator, but I like to throw things up for holidays. Cozy.

• Picked up the house while Baby napped, Mimi played at a friend's house and Mike took Max & Sis to guitar lessons (THANK you, Mike). A quiet, clean Pine Sol-scented house....it's like Spa Mom.
• Played around with my blog HTML, trying to beautify my template, ending the session with words I can't repeat here because my kids read my blog.
• Oversaw the evening cleanup in the girls' room. Total pigsty. I'd already used my daily quota of adult language while at my computer, so I couldn't even mutter obscenities under my breath. It took them 1 **darn** hour, but Mimi & Sis did pick up that pigsty.
• Put everyone to bed and played around on Photoshop, attempting to learn that **darn** program, and used up tomorrow's quota of obscenities. Sigh.
The kids have had Thursday & Friday off from school for Fall Break and we have planned one activity per day around which to base our vacation. Thursday was "Toy Story." Friday we will go up the canyon to a park. Saturday I want to decorate Halloween sugar cookies with the kids--an excuse to break out the sprinkles! Sunday we will chill and have a Game Night in the evening. (Translation: After church, I will drop into bed for a 3-hr nap and then we will have Game Night.)
Even though I'm wondering for various reasons, none of which I have the energy to go into now, how life could possibly get any more stressful--it's a happy life.

7 comments:
We took Allie and my nephew to Toy Story too. (allie had been asking since the week before it came out) I was a bit hesitant because I didn't quite understand the idea of paying for a movie(s) we already own. But like you, I think I was the one who enjoyed it the most! I had forgotten how funny those movies really are. And yes, the 3D was totally worth it. We even splurged on the extremely over priced delicious pop corn and drink/candy combo.
I love both Toy Story movies and think I should take my kids to the double feature as well...but is it in 3D? I'm so over 3D everything!
I never seem to use up my daily quota of obscenities, my quota must be much higher than yours, hee, but trying to learn Photoshop might do the trick.
Your little guy is so adorable!
it always makes my day to see the bag of cilantro on the driveway show up in the blog again! hahahaha!
you don't HAVE a daily quota for obscenities, little girl! you are a ground ball who will get her mouth washed out next time she visits!
xoxoxoxox mom.
Mom: Oh yes I DO have a daily obscenity quota! Fortunately, most of them are muttered under my breath.
Oops! The above comment was made by ME, not Max.
Max does not have a daily quota.
This CANNOT be Crystal's blog, because that cannot possibly be your little baby in that sunglasses picture!!
I love Toy Story, too! Lucas was a baby in a carseat when the first one came out, and when he was 2, he would watch Toy Story 2 on a loop. I wish I could convince Eva to watch them, but she is too fixated on The Land Before Time.
Post a Comment