Last night while watching Jack Bauer administer my weekly dose of violence, I polished off the remains of the best (best!) chocolate cake I've ever eaten.

We had dinner that evening at a great little restaurant. My poor father had taken home the rest of his cake, but it never had a chance--my mom and I pounced upon it like jackals late last night. (best!) A great way to end the day: "24" and rich chocolate dessert.
Today was a relaxing day, I'm pretty sure. It's a bit of a blur, as I was floating through it on a drug-induced haze. I am still getting electric shocks of pain through my head, originating at the point of root canal impact.
Or perhaps I am being struck by lightning in punishment for my regrettable habit of swearing under my breath.
Either way, the pain meds help.

My mom and I took Jack to his favorite playland and he wore himself ragged.

Afterwards, he came home and napped, exhausted from jumping and sliding. I also napped, exhausted from lightning bolts through my head. And that felt so decadent--to take a nap in the middle of the day! With no interruptions from tattling or arguing children! Luxurious.
We met up with my dad at Red Robin for lunch.

At one point I noticed that my dad had a sensible plate of grilled chicken & a salad, and I had...

....this.
Later I accompanied my mom to the mall where we had a delightful time checking out pretty spring shoes.

These were one of my favorites, in a soft turquoise. I canNOT believe I didn't document the other ones we saw because they were all so luscious! This season's shoes are the best I've seen in years.
And wouldn't you know it....This season I am the poorest I have been in years! Hmmm, what price does vicodin fetch on the street? Kidding! I wouldn't sell my precioussss even for shoe money.
And here is the crowning achievement of the day.
A black jacket, ruffley and feminine.
(The picture certainly doesn't do it justice, but by the time I thought to take a picture I was wearing my nerdy polka dot fleece jammie pants--and that would just be a very weird outfit. Even for me.)
But! It was $99 and I got it for $23! And I'm pretty sure I wasn't hallucinating, even though I was in a delightful, drug-induced fog.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


7 comments:
What a score on that cute jacket!! How were you able to be out and about like this if you're on pain meds? I would have been a wreck.
That's funny that you pointed out the difference between your dad's lunch and yours because I went to lunch with my mom and sister yesterday and they both got salads and I got cheeseburger sliders.
ohhhhh madame....I loved your story about the cake......I just had one for my birthday from IKEA...they make a luscious chocolate cake....I don't know if you have the same one, but try it one day....it is mousse! well I only had one slice, even though I got two Alf ate the other one!......Hope you are recuperating I am sure, that Cheeseburger helped--it would have me!
I love the chocolate cake from costco! BIG and YUMMY!!!!
You didn't say WHERE you got the cake... come on, I need some for next week's 24!
Wow. You're making me so look forward to my probable upcoming root canal-my first ever. I might need to chocolate cake and retail therapy to get me through it too.
Met your in laws a couple of weeks ago. Then it occurred to me that you know (since you ARE related) Jimmy Hunter, who I grew up with!!
Oh, root canals are the WORST.
Please, do tell where the best chocolate cake ever was from! I want to be the judge.
Can you believe 24 is all over?
I haven't been here in a while and I can't believe how big your little guy has gotten!
Post a Comment