Unstoppable Me.







Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christ-Centered Christmas, Day 11



Activity: Get cozy on the couch & read Christmas in the Trenches, by John McCutcheon. (This gorgeous book is worth buying and comes with a cd.)
Quote: “My brothers and sisters, let us bind up the wounds-oh, the many wounds that
have been caused by cutting words, by stubbornly cultivated grievances, by
scheming plans to ‘get even’ with those who may have wronged us. We all have
a little of this spirit of revenge in us. Fortunately, we all have the power
to rise above it, if we will ‘clothe [ourselves] with the bond of charity,
as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.’ (D&C
88:125.)” Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, Jun 1991, 2

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm not familiar with this book.

I think it's interesting that he said "we all have a little of this spirit of revenge in us." I know I do, I just didn't know he did.

Related Posts with Thumbnails