Unstoppable Me.







Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christ-Centered Christmas, Day 4

"Hand in Hand," by Greg Olsen

"The spirit of giving gifts has been present in the mind of each Christian as he or she commemorates the Christmas season. Our Heavenly Father gave to us His Son, Jesus Christ. That precious Son gave to us His life, the Atonement, and victory over the grave.

"What will you and I give for Christmas this year? Let us in our lives give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings and following in His footsteps. It was said of Him that He 'went about doing good.' As we do likewise, the Christmas spirit will be ours."

~ Thomas S. Monson, "What Is Christmas?" Ensign, Dec. 1998, 5


Activity: Deliver a treat to a neighbor, someone who could really use a goodie to bring cheer.

Scripture: Matthew 25:40

5 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog. I am actually working on a post now. Life is crazy but good...as a mom, I know you know what I mean ☺.

I love that you do these Christ-Centered Christmas posts. So lovely.

Is Ed Herrman a member of the church?

Your kiddos have grown so much! I love those blue eyes on your youngest and the, "mouse ears" on your sweet daughter.

KATE said...

I love it. I also love the activity... I'm off to make goodies for someone. :)

donna said...

thanks for these wonderful post! :)

Melinda said...

Alright, I have to come clean. I have been blog stocking you for a while off of Jill's blog and now I have to comment. I am loving these Christ centered posts you are doing! I watched the video with Edward Herrman and it was so good. These posts you do everyday are exactly what I need to be reading right now. Thanks for posting them.

Jill said...

Christmas is going to be seriously slim at our house this year, and I'd really like to prepare the kids for that and help them feel the Spirit of Giving more than receiving.

Related Posts with Thumbnails