It's that time again! I'm a little late posting menus, but here they are:
Monday: Grilled turkey & cheese, steamed broccoli
Tuesday: Asian Beef Stir Fry
Wednesday: Fish Tacos (i have a secret crush on Bobby Flay...shhhh! That man can COOK.)
Thursday: Shrimp Scampi, haricots verts (i lightened up the recipe; ask in comments if you want it! So good!)
Friday: Garlic Lime Chicken (recipe below), got it from this amazing site (grocery shop day)
Saturday: Marinated Flank Steak (recipe below), making it into fajitas because I CRAVE THEM!!! (this is also prep-ahead day)
Sunday: Please would someone invite me to dinner! :) I'll bring dessert.
Garlic Lime Chicken
Serves 6
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
6 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons lime juice
On a dinner plate, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture
on both sides of chicken breasts.
In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat.
Saute chicken until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes on
either side. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to
the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep
cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan
to thoroughly coat and serve.
Marinated Flank Steak
Serves 6
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium if available)
1/2 cup red wine
3 cloves garlic -- pressed
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary -- crumbled
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
In a large, plastic zipper topped bag, mix together the honey, soy sauce, and red wine, garlic, rosemary, chili powder and pepper. Add the flank steak and marinate overnight in the fridge. Make sure you turn it at least once in the marinating process.
Light the barby and let the coals get medium hot. Grill the steak for 7 minutes per side for medium rare, or to desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing very thin against the grain.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Posted by
crystal
at
9:02 PM
Labels: menu plan monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Love your Monday Menus. As soon as I can motivate myself to cook, I'm totally going to use your reciepes!
You have things too together for me. We eat exciting things like grilled chicken, grilled fish, and cold cereal. I'm a real gourmet. :)
I just have to say that I love the recipes that you post! Another thing that we have in common is that I myself have a BIG crush on Bobby Flay! He is a sweet potato! =0)
Thanks Lauri! You made my day! Maybe we should start a Bobby Flay fan club (would that make me a stalker?!)
Can I join "HUNKA-HUNKA" Bobby Flay fan club. All I need is a picture to stare at, and I'm content!
I don't know which I drool over more; Bobby's food or Bobby himself.
Post a Comment