Unstoppable Me.







Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

Tonight with the kids we watched the dvd "To This End Was I Born," and I was surprised by how closely they paid attention. The movie portrays the final hours of Jesus' mortal life. It also portrays His ministry in the spirit world and His Resurrection. Mike stopped the movie intermittently to explain the doctrine, what exactly Christ was undergoing and why--and I was surprised by my kids: Max knew the story precisely, Isabelle asked deep questions and Mimi was quiet and riveted.

As the movie depicted The Last Supper, Mimi said, "I just love Jesus. I love Jesus so much." My heart just warmed! What a sweet baby girl. And I am always in awe of the depth of Max's understanding. Isabelle's furrowed brow, deep in concentration, made me happy to see that she is soaking up the gospel and wanting to learn. She doesn't feel very well tonight, so she was a little subdued. But I could see that she was struck by the enormity of the Easter story.

I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and the plan of salvation. I know that the Savior came to Earth to live and die for us, so that we may find our way back to our Father in Heaven. I am thankful for His atoning sacrifice. I am overwhelmed this week with gratitude that He would suffer for me, so that I can someday be made whole--in spirit and in body. My heart has been full this week as I have been thinking of Easter and why we celebrate. What a reason for celebration! I often wonder about Celestial celebrations, and what it must be like on the other side of the veil during these holy occasions.

I have had a few experiences where I have felt very close to the veil, and I would like to challenge myself to more consistently pursue the Spirit so I can be worthy of that closeness to the Savior that I've felt at other times in my life.


Excerpt of talk given by Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (his final testimony), delivered Saturday April 6, 1985.
Film: "To This End Was I Born."
youtube clip found here.






Music from the cd "The Missionary Project"
youtube clip found here

12 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Thank you for that beautiful reminder! I'd forgotten that we have that video, I'll have to break it out tomorrow morning, while the kids are eating their candy for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter

Lauren in GA said...

That was a wonderful post. Thank you so, very very much.
I want' to get that DVD to show to my children. Thank you for the recommendation.

KATE said...

So sweet, thanks! I loved it!

shron said...

what a wonderful easter testimony!

Laurie said...

I wish I'd thought ahead to get that DVD also. It's great that you posted, in detail, your kids' reactions to it. How perfect for this day.

Cecily R said...

Got me all watery again. Gracie caught me this time too.

What a great reminder. I live for the moments when my kids teach me hen I think I'm teaching them. Mimi warms me too...she's such a free and pretty spirit.

Nat Nat said...

What a wonderfull way to celebrate. It is great to take time so that they can really understand the reason we celebrate. You are such a great mom!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thank you for sharing this and for sharing your testimony. The Saviour is the ultimate blessing!

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh my goodness, I have never seen that video....it sounds really good....wow what a teaching moment for the kids

raising4boys said...

Thank you for your beautiful testimony. I just ordered that DVD! This is the first I have heard about it...Thank you!!

michelle said...

I want to get that movie now. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails