I don't really have a collection...it's more of a problem.
The word "collection" implies some sort of artful assembling of beloved objects. When I hear "collection," I think of objects found through travel--perhaps a collection of silver spoons from every place visited--and things carefully found throughout the years...things that truly represent an aspect of who a person is. I think of interesting assemblages, prettily displayed.
Me, I just really like sprinkles. And I don't collect them; I hoard them. I don't carefully accumulate them with forethought. I grab them off store shelves with the arrival of each new season and holiday. And then I throw them into a plastic bin with the other sprinkles of that season. Valentines! Spring! Halloween! Christmas! Any season! At least they are organized, if not displayed.
I really like cake platters, too--but that's another story.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Tuesday Tell All: Collections
Posted by
crystal
at
2:41 PM
Labels: sprinkles, Tuesday Tell-All
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

44 comments:
Ooh, I want to hear the cake platter story too!
Crystal,
I love that you love sprinkles!!! It shows your sweet, colorful, and fun personality. And the fact that you have some for every holiday is amazing. I may be over to borrow some for um what's the next holiday, Easter! How does that sound? I can't believe you have enough to fill several bins. I think I have one little jar just hanging out in the back of my spice cupboard. Wow so lonely for my sprinkles. Love ya
I am so impressed!
I see mine that I gave you...right there....front and center.
Really though had I known you had THIS many I wouldn't have sent you more.
I love cake platters too. I have about 4 or 5 I think.
And i LOVE your kitchen. Beautiful.
I think I see green sprinkles in there!
Do you use them? That's the question! I get sprinkles for each season though, too, and we put sprinkles on our waffles as well as our cookies.
I love sprinkles. On top of frosting on top of sugar cookies. Make me some?
Your kitchen is so beautiful. Could hardly look at the sprinkles collection because I was drooling over your kitchen. Love it!
What a great Collection!! Very unique :0)
♥ I LOVE all of your sprinkles! Where do you find them all?
Crystal,
I forgot, check out Jake's vato loco collection, hilarious.
You DO have a lot of sprinkles! We can never have enough shakers of sprinkles in our house. You'd be suprised how many foods taste good with sprinkles on top. It's my easy,sneaky way of getting Payton to try new foods! Everything tastes good with Rainbow Sprinkles!!
That is quite the collection!
It says to me: fun mom, likes to celebrate and eat cookies. How great to have them tucked away so nice and organized. Oh, the storage space (sigh, sigh).
Holy geez. And YOU make fun of ME for being a Sneaky Bottlesipper?? Um, honey, I think YOU are the one with the problem...
Wow. I have one thing of sprinkles that is hidden from Mya's view. I don't care for them (did I just say that here???) But I would like her to be able to go a little overboard and work her artistic magic. I have so much work to do. Teach me sprinkle master...
Oh I could totally get into the sprinkle thing. I love the thought of all those beautiful colors side by side. I guess that's why one of my problems is ribbon.
I have the greatest vintage milk glass cake platter that I had my wedding cake on. It comes out for very special days. You have to show and tell!
I love your collection. It looks very yummy and fun! And your collection can be stored away in the kitchen cabinets...not out on display to collect dust- right?
I especially love your kitchen and the counters. Seething with jealousy over your countertops. Gorgeous!
I collect scrapbooking stuff...but, I never manage to get any scrapbooking done so my husband calls me a, "collector" rather than a scrapbooker.
My kids would love those!!!
oh my goodness, that's so funny!!! what a ton of sprinkles! i only collect dust bunnies. i keep them under the couch.
Look at you, organized woman! I love your sprinkle fetish, your husband should be happy it's sprinkles and not $300 handbags :)
How are you feeling? I hope you're doing well.
I deleted one of my blog entries, a little drama in my family about the name I chose (my cousin chose the same name for his baby, their due in May--it's crazy, it isn't exaclty a common name), but thank you for your comment about Jes--he was quite the sport to brave the Princess show.
too many sprinkles and more than one cookie in need of a decoration.
The sad part is that you just can't get the perfect pedicure without that flexibility, and really sharp teeth.
I love your sprinkle collections, in fact every time I see neat sprinkles at the store I think of you!!
I wanna see your cake platters now! Come on girly!!
I need a cake platter. Bad. Can that be your blogapalooza present?
i collect ribbon like you collect sprinkles. it's OK. at least you can admit it.
I have a few hording obsessions of my own. Like paper and Ribbon. At least you use your sprinkles. I never use my obsession items because I "just don't know if they make that kind any more and I might need it for something else" Totally messed up I know!!! I need therapy. Love your kitchen!!
I will NEVER again look at a sprinkle without thinking of you!
And I'm with everyone else. Your kitchen is beautiful!
Good God, woman, that's a lot of sprinkles! I love it! LOL
You are the sprinkle queen my friend!
Now THAT is a collection! :)
Holy Crap! I've never seen such an inventory of sprinkles, even in a store! Please tell me you aren't stingy about using them?
Oh, how funny. You are too funny!
I put green sprinkles in the toilet when the leprechauns came because I didn't have any food coloring. That's what we use sprinkles for around here.
Have you ever had a sprinkle sandwich. Bread, butter, and sprinkles. Yummo
Jennifer H.-
Heehee! I serve sprinkle sandwiches to little girls for tea parties! That is so funny; I thought I was the only looney in the bin who ate those.
Eating sprinkle sandwiches in a car full of money would be a perfect!
Love it - what a collection to have, and edible too! Thanks for sharing.
So when I first read about your "collections", my mind went blank as to what to think. For a brief moment. Then I thought how neat that your prepared to make any kind of holiday treat with toppings. Unlike me who most times finds my self standing in front of where the sprinkles should be to find that I am to late, and have to find some other way to creatively top cookies or my favorite cupcakes. I am a little surprised at how BIG your supply is.
That is SO cool! The Sprinkles collection here in the stores are SO limited. I am quite impressed that you have found such a variety.
love that collection!!!!
oh my goodness, what a swweeettt view! i LOve it!
Wow love those sprinkles!!!!
We all have something we hoard. I wonder what I buy too much of? I'll have to think because there are many to choose from!!! Love picture but I am IN LOVE withyour kitchen!!!! Now I really do what to be your neighbor Ü
Post a Comment