Unstoppable Me.







Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Little Time Warp

Hop into your Delorean, rev it up to the required 1.21 gigawats and let's GO! We're going back in time (sung in Huey Lewis' voice)...

Here I am at 6 years old, with my sister Jill, on Halloween 1978 as an Indian Princess. When I reminisce about Halloween as a youngster, my memories always include this costume. I loved it! My mom, The Queen of Costumes, made it.
(I wanted to post this on Halloween for Tell All Tuesday but didn't, due to the fact I've spent the last week-and-a-half in bed with the covers over my head. Well...maybe not literally. But definately I was in a mental state of "covers-over-my-head, I'm-not-coming-out!" So here is my Back In Time Halloween post.)

And as you can see, the Indian Princess made a comeback in 1982, when I was 10 years old.
Here's the best part! As we rip Back To the Future in our Delorean (at 88 mph), Isabelle is wearing the EXACT same Indian Princess costume, at the EXACT same age! We both wore it when we were 6 years old! It just worked out that way and it makes me happy.

Oh how I love this sweet little girl! Off she went to kindergarten, skipping in, happy as always.

21 comments:

KATE said...

Oh my word Crystal, I love this post! You're such a cutie & how sweet that Miss Isabell is wearing it too!! How fun!
I LOVE the Indian Princess!

SuperCoolMom said...

I was lucky enough to inherit Mom's costume box and my aunts! Love the indian princesses! You are two cute girls. We've sure missed you, glad you finally poked your head out to say hi!

The Webbs said...

How cute! I love little Crystal. And Isabelle did a great job "bringing it back" with style.

Sky said...

Great Scott, Crystal! Having Isabelle wear the costume at the exact same age as you could disrupt the space time continum. Of course the indian squaw princess costume has become the Native American Woman costume.

oda41143 Missy said...

Very sweet! I think that Isabell's legs look cuter than yours. You needed those tights :)

crystal said...

STOP THE BLOG PRESSES! MY BROTHER (the silent stalker) MADE A COMMENT!!!

Don't worry, Sky, about disrupting the time continum: I'll just harness the energy of Mimi into the flux capacitor and we can go fix anything we disrupt.

Chrissy, said...

That is so cute!

blog author said...

how adorable. like mother like daughter i suppose :)

my sis and i have photos of us up against the closet door in our costumes (and sometimes in our pajamas). glad our mom wasn't the only one who thought a closet door was the perfect backdrop.

kay said...

i was going to leave a post about my sister and i standing against the closet door having our pix made too then i read the comments and she she already said that!!

(btw did you know melek and i were sis's? i think you did. but not sure.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That is darling and how cool that she was able to wear it too!

janna said...

How fun!!! Love all of the pictures and I hope you are feeling better this week!

janna said...

How fun!!! Love all of the pictures and I hope you are feeling better this week!

Steph said...

How cute are you? And your little girl is adorable too! Happy 'flash back' Halloween!

Michelle said...

How fun that she was able to wear the costume too. That is really cool! You both look way cute as indian princess's.

Back to the Future, now there's a classic.

KATE said...

Unfortunately I ALWAYS laugh at my own LAME jokes. I do think the NyQuil is contributing to my psycho crazy laughing even harder at lamer jokes!
I love Seinfeld too! I AM the Master of my Domain!, yadda yadda yadda!

Love ya Crystal!!

KATE said...

Hey girl Christmas or Thanksgiving traditions, or both! Whatever you want to share! Thanks so much!!
-Kate

Crazymamaof6 said...

FABULOUS TIME WARP POST! SO CUTE! K LADY! HIDING FROM YOUR BLOG FRIENDS DOESN'T HELP ANYONE! TOTALLY BEEN MISSING YOU AND HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY! GOSH THE LITTLE INDIAN COSTUME IS FREAKING ADORABLE ESPECIALLY WITH THOSE TIGHTS! LOVE IT!

Cecily R said...

I adore your little mini-me moment! That's awesome. Glad you got out of bed, so to speak. It's been lonely around here without you and your fishy face!

Marcie said...

I think it is great that a costumes can span generations. I dressed my boys up in some of my old dance costumes that I found as I was putting away halloween. Jim wasn't thrilled, but they had a great time. So glad you participated...hope you're feeling better.

Michelle said...

Okay now it's your turn. How do you add pictures with a you tube video. Whenever I try it just delets the whole thing. So cough it up and teach me something.

shron said...

well, i should certainly HOPE it has become the native american woman costume! isn't that FLEX capacitor?? sky would know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails