Unstoppable Me.







Thursday, November 8, 2007

Euphoria

This morning I drove up to my secret trail and ran for longer than I thought I could. (no official time, no official distance....remember, I'm a Forrest Gump runner!) I did not run on the Beast of a Trail--do you think I'm crazy?!? I went to my little, mellow, sloping up-&-down trail--location undisclosed. I admit I was a little creeped out because NOBODY was up the canyon at that time of the morning. Who was going to save me from bears? I'm thinking I will stick to my irrigation canal path due to the following:
* Bears
* Bruises on the balls of my feet (i don't have trail shoes!)
* Bears
* It's November & it's freezing at 8500 feet altitude!
* Bears
* My secret path will be covered in snow in about 5 days
* Bears

This is me snapping a phone-photo so that I could prove to myself that I ran today. It is my theory that having pictorial evidence of exercise increases the satisfaction by 80%. (This is not physiological, mind you.) I'm trying to smile in this picture as I run, but I'm huffing & puffing so hard through my smile that I look like I'm baring my teeth & growling! Maybe the bears should be scared of ME.


20 comments:

KATE said...

Crystal- You are SO my hero! This morning I was trying not to kill myself & you were running up the freaking canyon! You are a stud!! I heart you Forrest Gump!

I'd be scared of bears too!

Crazymamaof6 said...

WAY TO GO WITH THE RUNNING! AND HOLY COW! BEARS?? YEAH THAT WOULD STOP ME FO SHO! WAY TO GO RUNNING AND POSTING ON YOUR BLOG! LOVE THE RUNNING PIC, WHO DOES THAT FOR YOU? OR IS IT YOU TAKING YOUR OWN AMAZING RUNNING PIC??
GOSH YOU ARE TALENTED.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I haven't walked at the track in months. You are my hero...or heroine! I wouldn't like the bears either, I pretty much avoid anything with fur...

Cecily R said...

I thought of you yesterday when I was walking on my "I (don't) heart tredmill". Babysteps for me. Someday I vow to post a picture of me grinning like a cheshire cat on my own super secret trail, mark my words...

I'm with Kate by the way. You're my FG hero for sure!

Matchbox Mom said...

YAY! Crystal!!! You're so awesome. I miss jogging!! I really wish I lived closer!

Tami

Anonymous said...

You are so photogenic, even gritting your teeth you look gorgeous!!You are amazing!

Karri said...

I agree, you look great. I would not look that good excersing. My body would be in shock and I'd probably have snot and blood coming from my nose!

Michelle said...

You are AMAZING! I was tucked in bed early this mornig. My boys didn't have school today so we got to sleep in. No motivation to go to the gym or nothing.

Hey way to multi task. Running and taking pix.

Cecily R said...

I'm back just so I can leave you a comment at almost 4 a.m. Yippee, it's going to be a fun day!!!

Run a mile or two for me!!

Cecily R said...

It says 2:57 a.m., but trust me, it's really 3:57 a.m. What the heck am I doing up?

oda41143 Missy said...

You had better be careful running in remote areas by yourself. Somebody might kidnap your hot bod.

kay said...

i just love that you are smiling!!

Chrissy, said...

Seriously are you worried at all? Do you run with mace? I want to run like you. You know your turning in to my hero! How in the world do you get up sooo early!

Tip Junkie said...

Beautiful! Great job on your run.

Holly said...

I so want to run in the mountains--the view, the crisp, thin air (hack, cough), and the BEARS???

Maybe not. You go girlfriend--but be careful!! :)

blog author said...

forget mace...run with a steak in your pocket. then throw it the other direction when you see a bear. I'd say honey, but a steak would also work for any mountain lions or wild dogs you might come across.

am i paranoid? i think not.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have something on my blog for you. Check it out.

crystal said...

But what if the steak ATTRACTS bears??? Or what if I just get hungry & eat it?

Steph said...

You're so cute on that camera phone! And running period! I am amazed at you just for that fact!

Kara P said...

Wow! Look at your svelt, gorgeous self out there impressing the bears! Okay... I'm still giggling about the steak. How 'bout I cook the steak, while you run, and we can enjoy it later?

Related Posts with Thumbnails