Despite my mother's rather scrupulous training in my youth, I am an inadequate writer of thank-you notes. I have decided I dare not hold my head up high in the world any longer and am turning over a new leaf.
Tonight's Family Home Evening was dedicated to the writing of thank you notes. After a (very) brief lesson on gratitude, I scattered gaudy art supplies all over the counter and the kids went to work.
Each note had a rendering of the giver and Mimi together in joy. She had fun but when the last scraggly-haired person was finished, she jumped off her barstool and demanded to be put in her jammies. She was fast asleep in 10 minutes.

36 comments:
the cutest kids and thank you notes in the world! i love your blog. [and so does sky - don't you sky!!!] i love that mimi's note is pink. i wouldn't say 'rather scrupulous' training, i would say 'decidedly scrupulous!' [wouldn't you say so, sky?] sky used to be a most scrupulous writer of thank-you notes, [didn't you sky?]
quit stalking the blog, esky, and make a comment! *Ü*
Sky is such an invisible lurker.
I'm betting 10-to-1 that Sky doesn't respond to your goading questions. He is obviously above the rest of us lowly commenters.
I thought real service didn't need a "thank you".
so sweet!
love your blog- congrats on growing another life!
Great Idea! & cute kids!!
Love the idea!
Yes...thank you cards are a dying art. But I love to send and receive them!
How sweet is that! I need to get on the thank you notes, too.
You're such a good mom to teach your kids to do this. I'm such a slacker. We're really good at the verbal thank yous, but not at the written. I need to be better about it.
way to go! i need a kick in the pants to get started. on mine, and i need to train my kids i always buy them notes to write on but lack the follow trough!@ i should do this. thanks for the kick in the pants! super cute kiddos!
I love getting the kids to write thank yous (they love it too) but getting them into the mailbox addressed and stamped seems to be an insurmountable task ... lame ol' me. But your cute kids have encouraged me to try one more time ... thanks!
I so need to get on the "Thank You Note" bandwagon.
Great idea Crystal - once again! btw - ditched the boots this week and pulled out my running shoes - surprisingly I think I run better in my boots!
oh sooo cute! I'm bad at thank you's too! This is a great idea for FHE. Sure love all the great ideas I get from you, MOM OF THE YEAR! How's that lima bean doin?
Love ya,
Tam
so sweet! and a great way to teach them...by making it a family art project.
Cutie patootie!
You are amazing. I am the kind of person who writes thank yous and then forgets to send them. I find them three months later and then I am too embarrassed to send them. Dork.
Love this idea! Maybe maybe maybe I can get my act together and do it next week for FHE. Maybe.
Looks like fun!
What a fun family night! Crystal, I know I don't know you really well but I've decided that you are one of the fabulous people that doesn't realize just how cool they really are. Go rockin' mom.
great idea with the thanks you notes! I need to be better at that myself.
I, on the other hand, ALWAYS write my thank you notes. and toss them 15 years later. LOL
You are getting to be quite the popular gal...must be all that wit and wisdom!
Sure love ya!
Love this. What a cute Momma you are. I'm gonna steal this idea.
Oh and about the menu plan- you can steal all you want. I steal my recipes from everyone else.
And the Puppy War- yes, Ms. Crystal- I SOOOOOOOOOOO lost the war. Does this mean you won't come visit me afterall?
Good job! This has been on my list to do since Chistmas! Maybe we will do it for FHE this coming Monday. Thanks for the reminder!
I am really bad at thank you notes too...
But I really am thankful!
Cute FHE!
THAT IS SO GREAT! I think it is so important for kids to learn this! Most adults don't send thank you notes- it bothers me when people don't! GREAT IDEA for FHE!
Thanks for reminding me. I so need to do that...maybe next week! Good job!
Your kids are all so cute! I really need to make some time for thank you notes this week.
This is such a great thing to teach your kids to do. Sometimes it takes us months to get them out, but I always try to have my kids do this.
Crystal what a great idea for FHE and it's good to teach our kids that too. About photoshop, I use photoshop elements 6.0 (you can buy it at Sam's for $80) Very cheap! then you download all the papers and embelishments from the web. Lots of people give free stuff, I've only bought I think $6 worth of stuff everything else was free. It's so easy and fun. I get a page done so quick! I will post how to do the cake in my recipe blog. Did you notice how there's NOTHING in my recipe blog yet! Must do better!
Hooray for getting your thank you notes done! I think they are so important, but I am hardly ever prompt with them--but they eventually get done, which I guess is better than never.
Love Mimi's "notes"--precious!!
Thanks for the reminder that I STILL have to get the kids to do some of those!
i love that you did this for your fam time. it is such a wonderful thing.
funny, my kids have all theirs written and this reminds me that i am still writing my bday thank yous... i had better jump off the blogs and actually write my notes out...
:)
what a great idea. I am THE WORST at thank you notes. This has inspired me to have a FHE on this very subject!
That sounds like a great FHE. I think I'll copy you.
Post a Comment