From Lelly:
"Is there a part of you, a part of your home, a part of your creativity that gets more attention from you than anything else? When you look at your reflection, do you automatically zoom in on a feature you love or you loathe? When you are in your creative space, is there one project that gets your attention before all the others? When you really zoom in on that thing, that feature, that idea, does it take on a whole new meaning for you??"
Interestingly, when I read this week's SPT challenge I found myself thinking of all the creative pursuits to which WISH I gave more time. I have a few hobbies that I love and just haven't indulged in for a long time. The two things that do consume my free time are non-negotiable:
If exercising is how I like to start the day, reading--delicious reading--is how I like to end the day. Burying myself in a book turns off my brain and relaxes me.

26 comments:
i too share your passions. probably too much so. my problem with reading is that it is totally addictive. once i start, it's hard to put it down!
I'm with you on the reading part, the exercise? Not so much!!
yes, you are my long lost sister that I couldn't ever find growing up. I just wish I had your ambition and was able to get my bootie out of bed that early...
you make me feel like a looser. i don't do either of these things :)
Cool photos. I've always loved to end the day by reading, but have only recent realized I like to start the day by exercising. 5:30 is too early for me (I admire you though) but 6:30 has been working out well.
I have yet to manage to enjoy any exercise and early in the morning is even more difficult. However, I'm right there with you on the reading part. I have 8 books sitting on my nightstand...
love that! you are cool! oh i mean rad!
oh running...i miss it. i haven't been able to run or pilates with my neck issue. and i DO feel it so i know what you mean about needing to do it. (oh and long ago you asked about my pilates-- i go to a studio a few times a week and i have a lot of gear here now since santa was good to me!)
Bleugh! Running? I can't do running.
*does cat-coughing-up-hairball-face*
I love that you think that rising at 5.30am is 'non-negotiable'. What a mindset!
If you read Chariots of Fire you could kill two birds with one stone.
I'm so with you on both of these! It's soo hard getting up, but it makes all the difference to start the day with a good workout (I never get it done if it's not first thing) and I absolutely looooove ending the day with a good book, in bed. Great SPT post!!
I feel you, only I can't get up at 5:30 for the exercise. I do it at eight when the children have happily hopped on the bus and I am ALL ALONE.
i'm with you on both of these endeavors. these days, i'm managing to find more time for one than the other. fortuanately, it's the one that does my body good. unfortunately, i'm aching to read something other than work stuff!
I wish I had the motivation to get up early & run! Maybe I wouldn't weigh 800 lbs! good job!
I don't share the running passion, but for sure the reading one!
I do like to excersise, but HATE to run! I don't know how you do it! :) Glad you can do something that you love though!
I've been combining the two: running with books on my MP3 player. Heaven.
o.k. I don't like to exercise but I DO like to read! I envy how you can get up at 5:30. I wish I could do that but alas cannot so I don't. I also need a new book becasue all the ones I'm reading right now are BORING!!!
I am with ya on both accounts! (although I have sadly gotten out of the habit of getting up as early as I would like...) Crystal, I just have to tell you, I love your little picture on your account (that shows up in the comments) -- it makes me smile every time I see it!
You are a girl after my own heart. We share the love of the 2 Rs--running and reading!
These interests will keep you interesting and interested. Keep at them!
I love running and reading. However, I don't love doing them at the same time!
I wish I could get up at 5:30! I admire you!!
I hear you on both those counts. Reading and exercising are the two constants in my day. Only I'm not a 5:30 in the morning girl, I'm more 8:30 after I drop the kids off to school.
Thanks for not giving up on my blog ;). I have been busy since we got back from holiday break. Wish I were off doing fun stuff.
Amen! I've got the running thing down pat (best money spent, in my opinion is gym babysitters!) but I'm lacking in the reading part ... no good library here. Plus I need some good recs ... any ideas?
You are quite the popular gal!! I am SO with you on this post. By far my two favorite things. Whenever I'm asked my hobbies I always say running and reading. Are you going to blogapalooza? I sure hope so because I'd love to meet you. I haven't got the definite a-okay from my hubby, but he owes me BIG TIME!!
Thanks for the reminder about the Parenting Breakthrough. That is an awesome book and I've read it a few times. I think I actually did a post about it last year! It really is helpful for chores and other ideas. I guess I just need to be better about implementing it and adding to it!
Crystal, You don't know me, my name is Carlie and I am in a running group with mique (http://likeagazelle.blogspot.com). She said I should comment on your blog and you would have some advice for me (and right now I can use any I can get). I started running again after a long sabatical in January and founf out yesterday that I have stress fractures in both legs and I am going to be out of it for at least a month. It's up in the air if I will be able to run our half marathon in May. Any thoughts for me?
carlie.babybintz.blogspot.com
carlie@babybintz.com
Post a Comment