For this week's SPT, Lelly says she is "wondering how you came up with the name for your blog?"
I've always intended my blog to function primarily as a journal of my day-to-day ramble through life. When I was trying to come up with a name, titles of books kept flashing through my mind--probably because I was trying to think of a different kind of title. And I instinctively gravitated, I think, toward alluding to literary titles because I love books so much.
This book, one of my all-time favorites from my youth, popped into my head and then stuck like cranial superglue.
In this book, two siblings run away from home to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and end up "trying to uncover the secret of a statue, hidden somewhere in the voluminous and erratically organized files of the statue's previous owner, Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler." (from the Wikipedia synopsis)
Well. If that phrase just doesn't say it all: "the voluminous and erratically organized files." I am a person with a billion ideas, a billion things to say, a billion notebooks full of lists and a billion files in my head of things to do.
And I'm highly erratic.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
SPT: What's in a Name
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

39 comments:
How very clever, and appropriate. I STILL haven't come up with a good name for my blog. That's why my banner is so plain. Someday it'll hit me....
That book sounds fun! It's great to have a place to keep all your thoughts, projects, etc. in one place. I love your blog because it makes me feel like we're all a bit erratic (as mom's taking care of kids) sometimes and it's OK!
cranial superglue... i love it. i think it's fantastic that you found inspiration from a favorite literary work.
Wow, I need some cranial superglue. Think that would help me with leaving my brain at home?
and I love reading your million things to say!
....And you say them so well! You have a wonderful talent and I enjoy reading what's on your mind. :)
ok love this! and i am tempted to participate in this one. love your explanation! and it is a fabulous blog title i might add!
from one erratic girl to another - amen! I've seen your comments here & there and thought I'd stop by to check out your SPT.
fun name and perfect that you selected it.
that is an AWESOME book!!
i'm so boring that my blog name is self-explanatory .
Hi! I linked on from Lelly's SPT to check out your post. Fabulous.
And can I just tell you something? I was scrolling down reading the post, and I saw a picture of Snuffelupagus. "What?" I thought. Then I read the "Snuffelupagus Friends" caption. For a minute you had me. Then I got it, and I kept going, "I get it! I get it!" I love how your mind works. So funny.
And I saw you are expecting a baby. Congratulations! Is it your first?
Erractically ADORABLE!!!
Oooh, clever! I didn't realise this had a literary link. You live and learn!
K, now I'm gonna ask. What's up with Snuffelupagus? Unlike Marie, I do not get it.
Teresa - You know how only Big Bird could see Snuffleupagus on "Sesame Street?" Well, those are my blog friends! They're not real to my other friends or family--just to me!
Snuffie Friends! :)
Great explanation! I love that book. I bought it for E, but he hasn't picked it up yet. Erratic is good...
This was also one of my favorite books and I think it's a great title for your blog.
I am always impressed by the creative blog names out there...I wasn't so clever.
Isn't everyone a bit Erratic...some just hide it better then others. At least that is what I keep telling myself--there just can't be people that have it All together All the time--there just can't be-Ha!
I have enjoyed finding and reading your blog!
Hands down, one of my favorite young-adult books! It also serves as an excellent blog title. Erratic? Yeah, sometimes I feel like Pong on hyperspeed, but that's life. You handle it well!
Could you please ship me a carton of cranial superglue? I'm in dire need.
I too LOVED this book as a kid and think of it every time I visit your blog. Very creative--oh and snuffie friends? You must have some sort of creativity super power to come up with this stuff!
That is awesome!
I find that great that you have find inspiration by one of your favorite book. It is funny to find all the different meaning of all our blogs'name :-)
You kill me - in a good way! My brain doesn't even come close to yours! That is why I love reading your blog!
Awhh - Snuffie friends - I like that!
How clever. The book sounds good, I'd never heard of it before.
I love your blog title, and am positve that it should of been mine - I guess that means we think a like! I am just like you a billion lists things and ideas - a jumbled together in my mind just waiting to be made into billions of dollars! Ok, maybe a couple dollars here and there. Love your blog, you are so fun!
I think it's a great blog name!
Great name for a great blog.
(Mine is lame.... Janna's Life,,, about my life)
Sounds like a really cute book! I'll have to read it! And I loved the cranial superglue...you are such a good writer!
Love it! I've always loved your title! You're too fun.
I have no creativity. I'm just obsessed with a band...*sniff*
Love it, Very creative. Not me boring as ever. I love the side bar where you have Pres Hinckley's quote, I might have to steal it. BTW found you by spying on others, great blog, love it.
I really want a better name for my blog. I don't like mine its just the firt thing that popped in to my mind. Help me gimme Ideas!!!!
I KNEW it!!! Everytime I see your blog name I think of that book!!
I need to read it again. It's been ages. And I love your erratic billion ideas. You're one of my VERY favorites to pop up on bloglines...
I don't how your mind contains all of your creativity. Can you bottle it and sell it please! I made you chicken salsa burritos the other night, I must admit--I was skeptical at first (looked too easy), but my family loved it and it ended a week long streak of bad cooking. Hope you are doing well!
I never knew your blog title had such meaning. I just thought you were mixed up and that's why you called it that!:)
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Chloe. Awesome post.
Sadly today I couldn't go running- it's POURINNNNNNNNNG and I don't have a back up plan (no gym membership or treadmill). It didn't help that my running partner's daughter was puking all night and she called me at 5am to let me know she couldn't go. I just figured two strikes and I was out- running in a downpour seemed like a sure way to get injured. Is that just a justification or do you agree?
And my sis needs advice on knee issues- you got any? My shin splints have disappeared since your last bit of advice. So I'm turning to you as my authority on all running issues from now on. Thanks!:)
Wow, I have enjoyed catching up! )OK-not completely, but it's a start. I am inspired by your running addiction. I have just started running again, and it has been great!
It's also fun to read about your blog title. What a great idea.
Very imaginative. I have to come up with a name myself. You've just inspired me.
I've never heard of this book, I'm such a loser.
Thanks for the snuffie friends explanation. I've often wondered what that was all about. Now that I know, I love it!
Tag. Sorry!
I just love this!
I actually thought of that book when I saw the name of your blog. I remember the book like I read it, but can't remember anything about it. Funny! I guess that will go on my ever growing list of must reads!
Post a Comment