My ox is in the mire.
Every room in the entire house has at least one area that is trashed, because we left town the day after Christmas. The suitcases from the trip are still partially unpacked (got home Tuesday). Laundry piles have taken over my bedroom. I was totally unproductive today; I had tea parties with Mimi and made birthday cake instead of cleaning. I am 4 months pregnant and have 1/3 of my usual energy, so this massive post-Christmas cleanup is going to take a while. It is 11:48pm and looks like the gym is not happening tomorrow.
Does anyone want my address so they can send me a singing happy-gram tomorrow?
Thursday, January 3, 2008
eeeeeeeeeeek!
Posted by
crystal
at
11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

31 comments:
LOL! could I just send you a happy pill instead? Good luck getting caught up!
I think having a tea party with Mimi and making a birthday cake sounds like an incredibly productive day, especially considering that you just returned from a post-Christmas trip AND are making another person!! Just getting out of bed in the morning is an effort when you're pregnant, so cut yourself some serious slack and lower your expectations (easier said than done)! Good luck!
Your label for this post is hilarious.
How about I come over and unpack for you? Does Diet Dr. Pepper count as a happy pill? I could send it it just wouldn't get there by tomorrow!
Oh and next time can my girls and I come over for a tea party too?
Just keep breathing and try not to panic!!!!!!!!
that is huge bummer. i feel ya on the messy house! and i didn't even go out of town! and i am not prego but have no energy ever. you are my hero for going to the gym too! and really in the eternal scheme off things the tea party counts for a lot more than unpacked bags and laundry! hugs for you!
Don't worry about how long it takes to get to it, it will still be there waiting for you.
When I was pregnant with bitty I couldn't get anything done; I'd just remind myself "Today I made a respiratory system."
BTW, I'm still trying to overcome my year of unproductiveness - I'm hoping to be caught up by 2010.
Why do people always insist on giving me more reason to not want to get married or have children? Ha ha ha!!! The sad truth is, I can't even keep my studio clutter free...and it's a studio. Why don't we trade for cleaning? It's always easier to deal with someone else's stuff, I think.
A tea party is WAY more fun and important--you made the better choice! :)
Don't fret...things will get done.
Yay! You're home! Come over and play with me! I need to sing to your tummy so that baby knows me when it comes out! I'm campaining to be it's favorite already!
I say span all the work out for the next few days... and don't stress!
If you find someone to unpack for you, send them my way - please! we are a total mess around here. Good Luck and I would go the tea party - save the cleaning for another day!
Tea parties are good. I have a stack of laundry sitting in my hallway and I'm going to make brownies. I'm still in my jammies too and it's 11:00 here. We're having a good windstorm and J is a little freaked out by it, so what better to do than make brownies right? I wish I could share them with you...they're homemade and NOT from a mix...
Why not just leave all the Christmas stuff up til next year? Then you don't have to put anything up. Kill 2 birds with one stone.
YAY!
Glad you're home. I've been stalking the blog...
Sorry about the mess! Milk that pregnancy excuse for all it's worth, baby! That is one tough job, and my opinion is that all pregnant girls should get to be pampered as much as they can stand. And.. the GYM? Are you nuts?
Congrats on being Prego! I know I'd much rather have a tea party than clean! Good job on making the right choice!
LOL I'm not pregnant and everytime I go on vacation it takes forever to unpack LOL
I will, I will!!! Although I don't know if my singing to you would help much. How 'bout I have a pizza delivered to your house instead?
i'm totally on it! plus it will get there quick because i'm actually in the beehive state as we speak! but you know what... tea parties and birthday cakes are WAY more important than unpacking. plus being "in the state that you are" that sounds like more of a man's job!
Happy happy bday Crystal dear. Wish I could be there in person to hand deliver some sprinkle filled cupcakes. Hope you had a great day!
i'm on my way to help you take care of the mess. :) just put your feet up and relax...
I hope that you manage to dig out soon, but it sounds like you had lots of fun with your kids, which is way better anyway. I was looking through your Christmas traditions, you are doing a great job of creating fun memories for your kids. Your gifts all looked so pretty too -- this is my somewhat lame goal for next Christmas -- to not wait till the last minute when I'm too tired to do a good job of wrapping the gifts.
I'd vote for Tea parties and cake too, any day! My house is a complete wreck and I am debating whether I wanna keep playing with my new ipod or clean. Then the kids start saying how hungry they are. Oh, come on! It's only 9 am...You JUST ate 14 hours ago! Sheesh! So demanding.
I FEEL for you! Really I do. Just take it easy. It'll all get done eventually, right?
Hello Crystal and welcome home!
Christmas time is overwhelming for any person, but being 4 months pregnant (congrats) on top of that and traveling! Oh, that makes me tired just thinking about it.
Baby steps and pace yourself! I am guilty of feeling rushed to get it all done and drive myself and everyone else crazy. Good luck and happy 2008!
Thanks for visiting me! I will be back to check out your blog. I love all the yummy pix!
I'll come do your laundry...oh oh pick me pick me!! I won't even charge you anything!!!
I felt the same way except we got home Christmas Eve...it took me a whole week to recuperate. Good luck.
Tam
Was it Phyllis Diller who said something like: 'When your house is a mess and you see a visitor approaching, open the door and shout: Who could have done this! We have no enemies!' Hahaha!
Tea parties are numero uno, I'm afraid. Clean cups! Clean cups!
glad your home. the mess doesn't sound fun...but it'll get done. done you have a lot of slaves...er, i mean, kids who can do the cleanup for you? isn't that why people HAVE kids?? :)
GOOD LUCK!
Seriously...you had a TEA party. You rock. No happy pills for you. You're already there!
Post a Comment