Unstoppable Me.







Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shepherds' Dinner


I've been so excited to copy Wendi's tradition of a Shepherds' Dinner and wanted to do it right before Christmas. Tonight was the night. And I was so frustrated; I could NOT find the dvd I had planned to watch. This is such a great movie to bring the Spirit of Christmas and it's nowhere to be found! It's gone missing, along with my copy of "Mr. Kreuger's Christmas"--both of which were free in the Ensign. Darn kids. I know they've snaffled them off somewhere as part of their daily scrabblings up in the tv room. So we ended up watching a little something I'd recorded off tv; Liken the Scriptures' "First Christmas." It was cutesy and good for the kids--basically a Broadway-type interpretation of the Nativity--but nowhere nearly as powerful as the actual Church-issued "Joy to the World." (I mean, for goodness sake...the angels were singing in a rasta-beat to the shepherds. Where's the glory in that?)

I'm sure my beloved "Joy to the World" dvd will turn up just in time for Valentine's Day.

I had great hopes of making my friend Ann's Broccoli Cheese Soup (been craving it since she had her fun girls' luncheon), but wised up to the fact this morning that no way was that going to happen! I mean, I've got pretzels to dip & fudge to make & toffee to concoct! So I whipped into the drive-thru of Kneaders and got soup from there. Not as good as Ann's, but definitely dee-lish! (I think Ann's soup will be my New Year's dinner tradition.)

I'm getting a little off track. We ate soup, cheese & crackers and watched the Shepherds sing and dance (much eye-rolling from Mike), and went to bed. Well, THEY all went to bed. I am awake in a quiet house and loving every silent minute of it!

(Do cheesecake calories count after midnight?)

9 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Are you kidding? No calories count after midnight.

Here's hoping you find your DVD.

Chrissy, said...

Look so great! Everything you do looks so great!! I'm doing the shepherds dinner tonight for my fam. I thought is sounded like fun too! You could have called I could share my copies of those movies!

kay said...

such sweet kidlets!!

have the merriest Christmas EVER crystal!!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Have a wonderful Christmas. You need to email me privately and tell me who your husband's family is. If they've been in Pleasanton a long time, we might know them...

KATE said...

How fun! That is a great idea! I'm sure your family will LOVE watching Joy to the World for Valentines Day! Woo Hoo!

I love Kneaders Soup! It's one of my favorite "I'm not cooking tonight, but want something good" kind of places & the drive thru is seriously my favorite thing!! With some of their bread, yum!!

How fun!! You're too cute!!

Jessica said...

When you are pregnant the calories never count...unless you are me and they all seem to show up when the baby is about 8 weeks old and NOT A POUND can be lost.

Christie said...

Calories NEVER count during the month of December, silly.

We just watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas tonight. I don't know if it's just because of our tv, but there is a scene in Mr. K's apartment where you can see someone standing there watching Jimmy do his thing that they obviously didn't get edited out. I've never noticed it before, but my husband was all, "Who is that man standing there?" And then we all laughed and laughed so hard we forgot to be touched by the tender moments. If you find your copy, check it out. Man on the right. Moustache. Totally shouldn't be there.

Merry Christmas!

Laurie said...

My DVD has also gone missing! I was going crazy trying to find it, so I had to make a special trip to distribution the other night to find it. It's part of a little compilation called "Stories of Christmas."

mmmmm....cheesecake. And kneaders. And toffee. And pretzles to dip....

Christine said...

What a great idea - a shepherd's dinner and watching that dvd. I will have to remember that for next year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails