Here is our Christmas activity we did Wednesday: we made a stocking advent calendar. This is so easy and the kids love it! All you need is: kids' christmas socks, ribbon or yarn & clothespins. The socks can be found in the cheapie baby section of walmart or target. There are also festive christmas socks in the walmart sock section. Clothespins are in the craft section of walmart or at the craft store, by the popsicle sticks.
Now put a little treat or note for each child in each stocking and start counting down to Christmas! We only did 12 stockings since we started on the 12th. Next year, when I've planned ahead, I will put a scripture or a note or a song in the stockings--like Karri's darling advent that I am so envious of! This year, I just stuck sugar balls into each sock. You do what you can, right? (Seriously, though. Go look at Karri's cute spiritual advent calendar.)
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Stocking Advent Calendar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Hmm, I'll have to think about this for next year. Thanks for the idea!!
how sweet!! love the idea. thanks for sharing.
how are you feeling btw?
sooo cute! Love the pictures, and the Friday funny...and you! You're such a good Momma.
Tam
That is super cute! Our socks aren't NEARLY as cute as yours!!
That is a very good idea! Even though you don't have a "crush" on me... :( I have a "crush" on your creativity! ha!
Oh yeah, I love your mantel!
looks like fun!
Love it. YOu know, the after Christmas sale would be a great time to get the socks!! I love the look on Isabel's face.
you have the BEST ideas!
Goodness, it's like a 24/7 craftfest going on over there. You're a regular Martha Stewart. Impressive! And these are clean socks...right?
LOVE IT!!! What a great easy idea. That one I can actually do. Thanks for posting all your great ideas. you make me relize that I actually can do fun things as a mom and that is doesn't have to take all day. Thank you! Thank you! p.s. my kids would be totally happy with candy in each sock. LOL
SUPER CUTE. I saw this idea and loved it (didn't do it myself).
I think you just left a comment and I don't have the energy to finish my post right now....but I will tomorrow. We got quite a few things checked off (it's only been 2 days though). FYI we aren't going to the airport on Christmas, we are driving to San Diego (my hometown) where we are dropping the Brazilians off to spend a week with another family. Not as bad as the airport. But thanks for thinking I'm an angel anyway.
And the Brazilians- Josh met them while on his mish. They were like family to him. HE LOVE THEM. THEY LOVE HIM. They are older, the sweetest, non English speakers I'll ever meet (which means they could be big jerks for all I know- a lot is lost in translation). Josh feels like he owes them his life. They didn't get baptized until after he was home. Now Antonio is in the bishopric there. And they went thru the temple last year in Brazil and we were there for it. Very cool. I will probably post about this tomorrow too- lots of questions as to who these mysterious Brazilians are.
As for the movie....I'm not good at that game. Do tell......
I'm off to bed. I'll recap manana. Promise.
(p.s. get to bed it's 1 am there- aren't you tired?)
If that's not the longest comment ever- I don't know what is!?!!??!? oops. sorry.
now maybe i CAN DO THAT...can I? We grew with stockings my mum did, but we never filled them up! I don't know why...so this time I have been wanting to do cute ones for the family but again, another year...but this is doable. yes indeed. thank you...AT THIS RATE, I just might get 2...
Could you be MORE little Miss Homemaker?
cute idea. We have a 24 days til Christmas book, that has a scripture, song and story for each day and you read the real story on the 24th. some day I'll have enough stories to rotate them ... everyone knows the all by this time ... been reading them sice Cody was 2!
Post a Comment