Stockings have always been my very favorite part of Christmas morning. When I was younger, I loved admiring my plump and exciting stocking and then finally dumping it out. We had THE BEST stockings when I was growing up--stuffed full of little presents and treats and just burgeoning out the top. It was fun to wake up Christmas morning today and see that Santa still stuffs them full! I love sneaking upstairs to look at the tree and all the presents after Santa has come and gone--while it's quiet and cozy and the kids are not yet awake.
Merry Christmas! We had a fun, mellow and happy day--busy with present opening, treat-eating, xbox playing (groan), doll hugging, horse clopping, sledding (kids & Mike), and napping (me!). I love this time of year and I love my little family more than I can express.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
The Stockings Were Hung
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

29 comments:
I too love the Christmas Socks! My mom stopped doing socks for us 2 yrs ago. I litteraly cried when she handed me my sock with my name embroidered on it for the last time. I had that sock at her house since I was born! I am still very disgruntled aobut the whole ordeal!!! But I do understand that it is time to have our own family traditions and that her doing socks for 30 people is a little stressfull. DARN GRANDKIDS!! Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Glad it was a great day!
What a great Christmas day! The stockings were also my favorite part and they didn't disappoint today. I love how you describe checking out Santa's work while the kids are still sleeping. That's when it still feels almost magical.
I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. When I was a kid my stockings stunk :) My mom always put my little brothers favorite candy Sixlets and then she would put in sugar free gum. Give me a break. What kid wants sugar free gum in their stocking? I still have ill feelings toward her for these crappy stockings :) Just kidding.
Stockings were always a big thing in my family, too. In fact, Hope opened her stocking first this year...that should tell you she likes them.
Glad you had a great Christmas..
wow!! Looks like you had a great time! I love your stockings! I'm glad that you had a nap! *Jealous*
Love ya!!
Tam
It looks so fun and festive! Stockings are a big deal for us too. But, Santa leaves them at the end of each child's bed, so they get them as soon as they wake up. It's an English tradition that we've continued as my husband is from England. I think it's to buy the parents more time, but my boys love it and that's what matters.
I got a bit of a nap yesterday too!
i love stockings too! that was the only thing we could open before my parents got up every year. well that and we'd ride our new bikes through the house! sounds like a fabulous Christmas at your house!
Your fire place is so pretty! I always loved the goodies in my stocking while I was growing up too. I love the new lip glosses, candy, and all the mini gifts that fit inside there. Randy and I do stocking for each other now because of that.
Oh, I'm so glad you and your family had such a wonderful day!
Merry Christmas Crystal!
Stockings have always been the biggest part of our Christmas too. I just love them! I'm trying to get my husband to fall in love with them too...his family never did them! Blasphemous! ;) Merry Christmas!
Santa was good to your family! Great sock story! All the best in the year to come.
what a great Christmas you have given your kids. LOVE the stockings...
we too have a lot of fun with the stockings. the girls love it and we do as well. we each get something from every other person plus Santa sticks a few goodies. FUN stuff!
stockings were my fav too...but i haven't gotten one in years, which sucks. but, luckily, i get to watch the boys open theirs...so i live vicariously thru them :)
looks like you had a great Christmas.
We love stockings at our house! Such a fun tradition. I got lots of candy in mine this year. Here's to cavities and gaining extra holiday weight! I can't stand it when those Twix call my name all the way from the candy drawer.
Gotta get that nap in! Our kids got two stockings this year--one from Grandma on Christmas Eve and then the one from "Santa" on Christmas morning. I like the idea of putting it on their beds, though.
(oh and the pan from the sugar is fine--my hubby just grumbled the whole time he was scrubbing it. He kept saying, "Did that girl tell you how to get it off?" So to put him out of his misery, he can just go and get a DI pan for a buck and he won't have to clean it. Sometimes men are such big babies!)
I love to look at the Christmas splendor before the kids get to it too!
Love the stockings too :)
So glad you had a wonderful day! Happy New Year!
Sandra
The chocolate-orange Santa left for your kids reminds me of our family stocking tradition. Ever since I was little, Santa has always put an orange in the toe of our stockings. Anyone else have that same tradition? Or know where it might have come from? My brother thought maybe it came from living in central CA where oranges grow and are in season in December. That smell of a freshly peeled orange still to this day reminds me of Christmas morning.
How fun! Merry Christmas sweetie! I've been out of the blogging mode for a few days! Hope it was FABULOUS!!
Stockings were my very favorite too growing up. My mom would come up with the best gifts. It kind of sucks being the parent now :) Your family pic is very cute. You have such cute kids!
Crystal- you are up way past your bedtime again! Go to sleep! K, now that that's out of the way...yes, I could use a UT getaway. I could use a Taipan shot or Cafe Rio shot...not a big chocolate fan here (I know, my Swiss MIL almost didn't accept me as her DIL when she found that one out).
Love the stockings- did you make them? I had so much fun picking out things this year. I found a Garbage Pail kid for my DH and a Gumby bbq lighter thing. Also tissues with dollar bills on them. You know, the fun things that you would never normally buy!
Glad you guys are having a fun low key time.
And let's get planning your trip already- the Brazilians leave this Monday (they'll be back for the weekend and then head home to Brazil on Mon). I have a guest bedroom waiting for you and Wendi........:)
Looks like a GREAT Christmas! Love how you decorated your house!!
So glad to be on your sidebar! Thank you...
I also love the Christmas stockings...the best stuff is always in there!
Yes, I agree! Our New Year Resolution need to be that we hang out!!! Let's do it!!
Happy New Years Girlie! Love ya! - Kate
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Happy New Year too!
I hope it is a really good one for ya!
Thank you for helping me with the "chili on scone" name. Sorry for giving you the craving, but I hope you made it and enjoyed it as much as I did! You're too funny.
I loved stockings too - it was what signified Christmas to me - all those goodies inside the stocking- plus my mom always seemed to do a better job hiding them than the other stuff!
I love hearing your thoughts. I'm glad you had a great christmas!
Christmas stockings should always be fat, fat, FAT!
Glad you got lots of naps in over Christmas. They are precious!
Post a Comment