This was the view outside my front door today. All day. It was a beautiful, cozy day! It had been snowing for maybe an hour or two when I ventured out to the gym at 9am, but the snow wasn't yet sticking at that point. Poor Max (below) tried to gather enough for snowballs, but to no avail. Around 2pm, it began to accumulate (causing a cancellation of a very fun outing with my friend Kara, I might add--in a somewhat disgruntled tone), and it is still snowing currently at 10:41pm. We have 8 inches, at least!
It is my favorite kind of snow--big, fluffy flakes that look like pieces of torn bread. Christmas Snow!
We all got off our lazy-day butts around 4pm and went sledding. I love how Mimi looks like a pink marshmallow in her snow clothes!
Self portrait, as we set out to sled. How do you like my bangs? Actually, that's the hood on my coat. GENUINE raccoon fur, folks. Mike gave me this coat last year for Christmas and it is so cute, but I eyed the fur with suspicion. It didn't look manufactured. It looked like there may be paws in there somewhere. I looked at the tag and, yep, it says "genuine raccoon fur." Oh, the laughs we had upon reading that aloud to the Christmas-day crowd! It kind of grosses me out to wear it, especially because it brushes up against my cheek and also because I occasionally inhale a stray piece of fur. I'll be driving in my car and start making dry-heave sounds. "Kak! Kkhhrrruggg!" Anyway, I digress. That's me underneath the raccoon.
Who starts sledding a half hour before sundown? We froze our butts off, but it was so fun! There was this one bump that Mimi insisted on aiming for, catching air every time, her dinosaur hat flying up. She never lost her sled, though! That girl can do a good downhill.
This is Max lugging his sled up the hill, with Sis behind him (hidden) and Mimi in the back.
This was about 5 seconds before meltdown...
...and there you have it. One too many "fly-ups," as she called her catching-air trick.We came home, had pizza and hot chocolate and watched "Muppets Christmas Carol." And that was our festive Christmastime activity for today!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Snow Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
So funny...I had just posted on your last entry and then saw that you posted on mine! I've seen you on Kate and Cecily's so I figured you'd be good stuff. (Noticed you on a few others tonight too like Stie and Jessica I think).
Oh, and thanks for one more post to make me feel like a cruddy mom. I have to say I was happy the snow hit you guys more than us. We're still waiting on the supposed 2 feet that was coming. Just wet roads here. Phew. Fun day for you guys though!
Oh (part two), LOL with the racoon fur. Had images of Dumb and Dumber run through my head.
Ha ha, I'm laughing at your Racoon Fur picture & Amy's comments!! ha ha ha
You didn't end up going with Kara! Why didn't you call me?!!
How fun that you went sledding together! You're too fun! Good Job!
I'm a good mom too, I ran over Sammy's sled tonight! It was on the drive way & completely covered in snow! I never even saw the stupid thing!! Um yeah, he cried. I suck!!
The snow is freaking crazy! I got some good pics too, I just need to find the cord to my camera! Crap!
Love the pics!
Missed you tons today! My tummy muscles still hurt from laughing!
Crystal- I vouched for you on Amy's blog! ha ha I'm SURE what I think matters tons. ha ha ha
I love that first pic of your house, it's a little "the Shining-ish" with all that snow!! ha ha
It's gorgeous!
Amy- The racoon coat will hereby be known as The Dumb & Dumber Coat. I couldn't stop sputtering with laughter when I read that.
Am I seriously commenting on my OWN blog? I need help.
I comment on my own all the time. Makes me feel good when I look at the comments link on my page. Yay for me! Lots of comments! (who cares that 17 of them are mine!)
And yes, Kate vouched. A good vouch. You're no weirdie. I get it. And sorry if I ruined your fave coat. I still think it's cute!
i so had to giggle about your genuine raccoon trim coat! i got my baby a coon skin cap and was fairly grossed out when i figured the tail on it was real ! ewwwwwwwwwwwww! i can imagine the wonder of the fur against your face! but i am sure you look hot in it! and really that is all that matters in life! and you are the nicest mom ever! sledding in the snow? amazing and very holiday! way to go on that! a gold star for you fo sho!
changing the code for blog templates? not that bad, if i can do it anyone can. email me and i can send you the handy instructions. BUT It'll cost you a picture on my blog guestbook. just do it , or i may keep commenting about it.
fun, fun, fun. I want 8 inches of snow!!! We have yucky rain.
Those pictures are awesome! Your house looks beautiful and I had to laugh at the genuine raccoon fur. We actually had one getting into our trash for about a year - I would have loved to turn him into a coat. Glad somebody did!
love these pics.
BTW -- comment on your own blog without guilt and often.
the snow around your house looks so pretty and fun! the gumdrop trees are cute. great christmas kid crafts. are you sure max didn't want to tape his gumdrops on??
How fun! Our snow didn't last long enough to do any kind of sledding.
snow? what's that? was 84 here yesterday...too warm and humid for Christmas time....
I really wish I had a coat with GENUINE fur of any kind. Consider yourself lucky... my coat: 80% down clusters and 20% waterfowl feathers. How lame.
That's actually looks like so much fun! And playing in the snow is good exercise, so you worked out twice!
The raccon coat reminded me of how Scott went to shoot bunnies with Mike a long time ago. You might want to check your closet again.
Don't let PETA catch wind of your genuine racoon fur coat...
Every time I look at my Utah blog friends and see all the snow I get a little envious! But then I have to remind myself that I only like to LOOK at the snow (oh, and run in it) and I feel much better.
Did you see that email I sent about my blog? It had a naughty word in it so I'm afraid some people didn't get it...if not, I've changed my blog address (the new one is linked in my profile) so make sure you change your links/bookmarks!
Oh, and I am still planning on burning my cd's. I haven't forgotten!!!
Snow! (Everytime I say that I have to start singing the song from White Christmas!) How fun is that - bummer about having to cancel your outing though.
fun fun fun!! NO snow down this way, but we'll be heading north after Christmas. Those pictures look beautiful!!
What a fun post - and love the whole Racoon drama! Cute self portrait! Love that someone else is getting snow and who cares it's almost sun down - at least you had fuN!
btw - no I don't have a copy of the littlest angel - but I am working on it - I can't imagine not having one sooN!
How Fun! We were in Salt Lake City this weekend and I LOVED all the snow. I was hoping we got the same, but we came home to bare streets and lawns. It snowed pertnear all day Friday and Saturday. I LOVED it. You're house is amazing! It's so pretty.
Don't you just LOVE the snow! It makes me so happy to drive up a snowy street or watch it come down so peacefully! It's so pretty!
That sounds like the nicest day I've ever heard of in my whole life.
What a fun-looking day! Can I please borrow some of your snow? We had a dusting Friday night which melted by Saturday morning. I'm grumpy about that!
Once again, I stink at this mom thing compared to SOME people. You certainly redeem yourself fast, woman (failure indeed!)!
For you, Amy and Kate, "Goodbye my LOVE!"
great sledding pictures. I loved tubing in the evening hours with a full moon... oh so much fun!
i just saw this old post pop up on your page! it's a snow day here toDAY! so it seemed so apropo!
Post a Comment