To kick off the impending Halloween spree of candy, parties & indiscriminate costume flaunting, we carved pumpkins tonight. More correctly, MIKE carved pumpkins. He wouldn't let me near a large gourd with a knife and the intent to plunge said knife into gourd. Something not many people know about me is that I am incurably uncoordinated. He contended that I would somehow, as only I could do, end up with the knife stuck into my abdomen.
He's totally right.
Monday, October 22, 2007
It's Official, Halloween Has Begun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Looks like fun, I love fall! I don't know if I'd trust you with a knife either :)
cute fam night! i like the church link in there. max and mimi's pumpkin faces reflect their personalities!
Very cute!!
love pumpkin night! how funny that my mike is the designated carver and pumpkin de-grosser at my house too!
Good gosh your kids are cute, Crystal!
My joint problems are yucky. Right now the cheif complaint is my hip beristis and a hip flexor problem. Yesterday I could barely walk (but my kids could, so I did...you know how that is). I wish someone would tell me that exercising would eventually not be painful, not do any permanent damage, and actually be part of a fix for my problems, but no one will. My doctor just feels bad for me and tells me they can run more tests if I want.
Okay, no more feel bad for Cecily time. I'm off to read with fourth graders and kindergarteners at the kids' school!
Heck yah, Crystal with a knife. That is a very scary thought. I back you up on this one, Mike.
We carved pumpkins last night too!
And had the saftey/kidnapper talk.
And evaluated our emergency prepardness to see if we could go 2 weeks without trips to the store.
It freaked our kids out. Now they're convinced someone wants to steal them and we're going to have an earthquake and freeze today, but we have plenty of food!
Wendi- I'm with your kids. I'm convinced of all those things, too. Only at my house, we won't have plenty of food! Go you!
Oh! My kids have been bugging me to carve pumpkins every day!! I won't show them this post.
You're such a good Mommy!!
Your little ones are so cute!
Tami
So love that scarey pumpkin at the bottom! We did our pumpkins last night too. Lots of fun. It's the first time I've carved a pumpking with a kit instead of with a knife. It was a lot of fun. As for the dress, if I were to wear it today, let's just say, I'm not done yet! I think I should sew the sleeves, the skirt, the zipper.... you get the picture! Thanks for asking and all your fun comments - you're awesome!
Good thing the Dad's are there! I would make a MESS out of those pumpkin faces!
PS.Your kids are DARLING!!
very cool! yeah i pass the baton to my hubby too for the carving of the pumpkins. maybe if they weren't all slimy and gross i might do it but yeah it isn't my thing plus he thinks she needs to roast the seeds. which just aggravates me. it just is a messy thing he never takes care of in the end.
Well, it was probably a good decision--you wouldn't want to be on the evening news or, of course, injured. :) I like the carving, but scooping the goop, not so much.
Hey did you know Crazy Mama is pregnant? Cool, huh! We ought to tell her sister since we know her true identity.
fun fun fun! I can't wait to carve our pumpkins.
Good job on the family night! Your kids are adorable!!! Love them!
So cute, & you're so nice we don't always get around to carving pumpkins. I know, I'm a bad mom!
I did this a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. I might attempt it again.
Post a Comment