I've been waiting for what seems like a year to get to the Anastasia brow lady at Nordstrom so she can work her magic on my impossibly straight eyebrows. I grew them out all fuzzy so she could have a blank canvas upon which to work and THEN called for the appointment.
Mistake.
I couldn't get in for two weeks. TWO WEEKS, PEOPLE! I've had two caterpillars above my eyes for a very long time. As of today, my face is back. (insert sigh of relief here)
BEFORE BROW MAGIC
AFTER BROW MAGIC (no, that is not hot pink eyeshadow; it's my painfully inflamed skin)
LAUGHING AT MYSELF FOR ACTUALLY TAKING PICTURES OF MY OWN SELF, ALONE IN MY CAR
Wendi called me while I was staring at my brow cuteness; turns out she & Desiree were at the mall too! She caught me just in time so that I could slip into California Pizza Kitchen for a snack. Which I promptly puked up in my car due to my stressed out stomach. No picture of THAT, I'm afraid. Yes, I barely made it to the car. (good thing I keep a trash bag in my car) Is this going to be a permanent condition? I would like to welcome my appetite back sometime soon.
Here is my self portrait of us. It was a little surreal to meet Desiree in real life. She looked just like she does on her blog when I stalk it! Glamorous. (said in John Travolta's voice from "Hairspray.") I like my self portrait much better than the one on Wendi's post. Wendi, if you're reading this, you're not allowed to post less-than-flattering photos of me anymore. It damages my already tender self esteem.And Kara drama-teacher Shakespeare-coach extraordinaire, if you're reading this...see ya tomorrow.
***Which self-portrait do you like better, mine or Wendi's?
***Do you have fragile self esteem that suffers by unflattering photos? Or are you immune to the vagaries of the lense & secure in your beauty?
Friday, October 12, 2007
My Face is Back
Posted by
crystal
at
10:10 PM
Labels: my journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Obviously, since I've only posted a picture of my shadow, I stink at the picture-self esteem thing. Bleecckk. Someday, someday I will do some shuffle jogging (in honor of you) so I can drop some baby poundage and take a darn picture.
Yours by the way are super cute, and I mean that! :)
I like mine better!
You may also have noticed that there hasn't been a picture of me on my blog that is less than 10 years old - well, it's not just because I choose to remain anonymous to the general viewing public. Um, yeah. Not lovin' my body right now. (Plenty of excuses but no satisfaction)
BTW your eyebrows look great - it is so much fun to see the difference it makes. I tend to have Frieda Kahlo brows and it's almost impossible to keep up with them!
There's nothing better than freshly "fixed" brows! I went WAY too long this last time, because I didn't know who to go to in this new town. MISTAKE! I had a nightmare experience, but at least I still have eyebrows! To answer your question about unflattering pictures, any picture taken of me in the last couple of years has been unsatisfactory in my book. But I'm starting to get used to the fact that I'm not as cute as I thought...:)
Love the pics in the car, my pic was taken while driving also!!!
Cute blog!!!
Hey--you got your counter back on! Hooray!
Love the brows. And of course nothing is better then meeting friends after. How fun!!
Sorry but why did you throw up? Are you prego's and I missed that post or just sensitive stomach?
Well, I've been so stressed lately that I actually can't seem to keep food down, which is unbelievable for me--the girl who eats everything. :)
And by the way, Wendi took our self portrait off her blog! So we can't compare them!
Oh honey, I have NEVER been okay with ANY picture of me! Especially in the last 5 years. I actually lost all the baby weight after #3 & then when he was a year old put 60 lbs on due to hormone crap!! I know...sucks to be me. I'm 6 feet tall also, so I'm BIG & BIG! It's lots of fun, I don't have any pictures of myself that I would like to share! However, I don't think you have anything to be insecure about. Your pix are cute!
I love the eyebrows! I love waxing my brows, I do my own tho. But, I love how it cleans up your whole face!!
Hey, by any chance was that mall near a University? Or maybe a University Parkway? (I'm a dork, I know.) I think I might live near ya!!
Ouch! I love fresh brows, I swear they make you feel thinner. It's a good thing you didn't have her wax anywhere else :) Love the self portraits!
Hey your brows look like mine when I hit the Macys Brow Bar! Red and SORE!!!! All of the drama we women endure to look fabulous right?? MMMM! CPK is my favorite. I hope you got the BBQ Chicken Salad. So yummy!
PS Your brows look great!
There's a treat for you on my blog!
I had so much fun meeting you. It was funny when I recognized you in the parking lot from your blog. You seriously are a firecracker I see why Wendi has so much fun with you. Don't forget you need to blog the organizational books for unorganized moms for me!
you are way too funny and witty! I wish I could write like you. By the way, I think both pics are great and your self-esteem should be firmly in tact. For some reason as I have aged, I care less and less about how I look to other people both physically and internally. It's all about if I feel good about myself!
Cute pix. My sisters keep trying to get me to get my brows done... but well, I'm cheap and broke and well I think it will hurt! Ok, so I'm a wimp... I can admit it! :-)
Post a Comment