Last Wednesday I opened my door and saw this:
My eyeballs popped out of my head. No really, I think they did pop a little. I had absolutely no expectation of the resident...
freak/con artist/thief/creep/sociopath/squatter/compulsive liar/ felon/fraud/
former jailbird/false-identity-creater/Mark Hacking wannabe
...moving out! I mean, all it took was 2 ½ months of telling him to get out, a lawyer calling him, an eviction & threat of a lawsuit. EASY!
I actually expected him to push us all the way to a lawsuit, seeing as none of my other, more reasonable tactics worked. I have waited a week to post about the ending of my life as a Lifetime TV Special because I fully expected an Epilogue. I am suspicious. He was so adamantly NOT leaving, even though he'd never paid us a dime for this house, and then he just obeys the eviction & moves out. Every step of the way he knew just what to do to con his way with gullible people (that would be me & Mike--gulp), and he's obviously done it before. Suffice it to say, I'm more than a little nervous. Bad guys who are mad do bad-guy-type-of-things. Especially to women (me) who expose them in front of their fiancee and said fiancee ends up leaving the bad guy!
I'd been planning for a week beforehand how to have a really good time with the big move-out, if it did indeed happen. And once it did, and I actually saw their dumb moving van--moving their stuff out of the house I'd been making payments on for THEM to live there, I couldn't go through with all my blogging plans. I had planned to stand on the sidewalk & snap photos left & right. Instead I just felt sick and depressed.
Mike & my mom said to STAY AWAY and don't anger the man who created a wack-o false life. Mike said, "No! YOU are the person who marched over before and laid all his lies out before his fiancee! Don't give him reason for revenge!" So I didn't go snap my photos and get my closure. Nope. Instead, I ended up marching over (again) and giving him the what-for. That was really smart. And we can rack it up as another Jerry Springer episode. So proud of my white-trash self.
Now we have to sell the thing. Anyone want to buy a beautiful house? It's a bargain at $950,000!!!
Hooooooo Boy. I think I need to run and throw up.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Yes, it's true
Posted by
crystal
at
3:30 AM
Labels: my journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Absolutely GEORGOUS house Crystal. You guys should be very proud that you built that. I'm sure you'll sell it in no time. I'm so glad that this is over for you. Your revenge photos would have been hiliarous, but I agree that it was best for you to stay away from Mr. Psycho.
I am still of the opinion that Mike builds the most beautiful houses and is so wonderful and easy to work with. I've drooled over that house forever, and whoever gets it is so lucky!
Crystal,
I'm disappointed that after reading my posts about how poor I am, living in a mortuary, that you haven't offered it to me before! I thought we were snuffalupagus friends...snuffalupagus friends don't leave out these little details.
The house is beautiful! We can move in right away!
Tami
holy snikeys!! i want to know the rest of that story!! can i find it here in an old post?
btw could you email me? i want to chat about the book and stuff. imkay32@yahoo.com
That house is gorgeous. For that price you could be living in beautiful sunny CA (by me)...feel like moving to LA?
P.s. Glad that he finally left..phew!
Oh my word the house is BEAUTIFUL! I love it & would gladly move in too. Unfortunately I think that is at least 2 of my priceranges put together. If not more than that. I love the house tho & I can spread the word since we're neighbors! yay.
Well if you need anything let me know email me & I'll give you my digits. I would gladly help ya out with whatever you need! It sounds like we live close. So, I really have your back! I don't mind doing dirty work either!
You take care of yourself, you're making me nervous! Although I think this idiot will just slink away & leave you alone now b/cuz he know that you know all about him & his lies!
I hope so!!
katealger125@earthlink.net
SO everyone else said how gorgeous the house is already...I'll just go ahead and jump on the bandwagon. It really is stunning! I think our house might fit in the entryway. =)
I'm glad the resident psycho is no longer a resident. Wa Hoo!!!
That is BeeeaUTiful! I hope that the scumbag at least left it in good shape for you.
Thanks for your comment! I love blog stalkers, especially nice ones.
Ummm...I can't find the question you posed to me (and others), that is unless you are referring to the plea to sell your house? If that's the case, I'd love to, but paying 450 in rent each month is pretty hard to pass up, even for a place as gorgeous as that one!
I am so glad he left! The house is beautiful though! I don't blame him for wanting to stay as long as he could get away with. Hopefully you'll feel some of the stress go away soon.
So sorry you had to go through all that. At least it is over now. It looks like he didn't trash the place so I guess that is a plus! It is a BEAUTIFUL house. I bet you won't have any trouble selling it.
You guys built it? Great job!
You already know that if I could afford that Beautiful Home I would move in right away!! Then it would be a win-win..I get a gorgeous home and you get me as a neighbor!! Ha! Ha!
I have been thinking about you and wondering if the Mark-Hacking impersonator did leave that night we saw them moving. I am glad!! I hope that some of your burden has been lifted!!
Ann
Wow... such drama in Utah suburbia! Craziness! But, the house is gorgeous. I can see why he would want to be a squatter/liar to live there! Geez!!!!
Sooo...is it crazy that I want to create a fake life like your former tenant just so I can have a cool locker/mudroom in my house? I've always wanted a pretty mudroom so I don't trip over my kids AND my husband's shoes hanging in front of the doors. If we ended up in court over lack of payment I'm sure the jury would understand my need for a mudroom, right?
wow! sounds like quite an ordeal! beautiful house though!
The house is beautiful (as all have said). So, I'm with others in needing the first part of the story.... Glad the Pyscho is GONE! yeah party time :-) good luck with a place that nice it should sell quickly.
Where is it? Riverton?
Love it and I would like to read the first part too...
Post a Comment