'Twas two nights before conference when all through the house
All the creatures were stirring, no kids quiet as a mouse.
My running shoes were hung by the back door with care,
In hopes that I could escape and soon get out of there.
The children were restless, not snug in their beds
While visions of running tunes sung in my head.
And I with my ipod was ready for fun;
Was ready to settle for a long evening's run.
When out on the driveway there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to the door to see what was the matter.
My plans to go running flew out like a flash,
Because my surprise visitors made such a splash!
The moon on the breast of my front porch that night
Gave the lustre of mid-day to a really fun sight.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But Heidi and Sky, a surprise so dear!
With a cute little black car, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment they had come 'cause I'm sick.
More rapid than eagles to save me they came,
And I whistled and shouted, calling my family by name!
"Now Max! now Isabelle! now Mimi! now Mike!
On to the front door, look who is here!
It's Heidi & Sky, come to lessen my fears!
Now dash down here, dash down here, come and say hi!"
My cute brother and his cuter wife
Drove all the way from Boise to lessen my strife!
I'm under extreme stress, and they drove all that way
To take Mimi to Grannie's so I can talk to lawyers all day.**Here is Mimi, about to depart for her "big girl visit" to Grannie's all by herself.
This is her "pack pack" stuffed FULL with entertainment and treats. (the only way to travel)
**We are enmeshed in a wee little lawsuit involving a PSYCHO who will not get out of the house he never paid for. Remember? Law & Order? Jerry Springer? Lifetime TV Movie?....I wasn't kidding. This guy has built an entire double life. (Dr. Phil is his best friend...business partners with Ryan Seacrest...private jet...) Remember Mark Hacking? This guy across the street from me (in the house we built) puts Mark Hacking's lies to shame. I'm a tad bit nervous for my safety, since I'm the one who exposed him & marched over there & told him to get out. (Jerry Springer episode) They were served with an eviction notice Friday (after 2 months of refusing to leave) and THEY STILL WON'T LEAVE! I'm going to go postal. It's going to get ugly. We're going to have to go in front of a judge (taking more time that he gets to live in a house that's not his) and then have the sheriff boot him out. Who does this happen to in real life???? Me, of course! The freak-magnet.
Anyway. My nice mommy is taking care of Mimi all week so that I can curl into the fetal position and enjoy my anxiety attacks in peace.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Surprise Visitors are the BEST
Posted by
crystal
at
10:00 PM
Labels: Mimi, my journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
mimi got out her barbies the moment she arrived and wanted to play village too. she ate ding-dongs and 7-Up for dinner [with a little bit of ham and a roll and a banana] then hit the storybooks and the berenstain bear movies. we have had fun. she received an excellent rating as a long-distance traveller as well!
love the poem! so clever and funny! i couldn't write that in a year. cute pictures too!
Mimi loved her pack pack (and so did we). It kept her entertained the entire way.
hang in there crystal!! be safe. this too shall pass.
Love your poem! I hope they hurry and get out and leave you alone! What pyschos!
How nice of them to come get Mimi. It's so nice to have family that will take care of you when you need it!
holy smokes!!! Good luck with that, doll. I'll be praying for your safety.
Tami
Thank goodness for family! I hate to hear about your drama, that really stinks. I hope all goes well for you.
(Oh, that could very well be the park by your house because it's not my kid or my park - the battery died on my camera so I snagged one off some free foto site. Heehee - I'm a blogliar, I should probably add some kind of disclaimer :)
Crystal -
I just found you on Matchbox Moms blog. Wow girl, I hope it all turns out alright! Hang in there sweetie, I can't speak for the rest of the blog girls, But I got your back girl. (I'm sure they all do too!) Let's just go take him down. ha ha!
Take Care & I LOVED the poem!
- Kate
I'm glad you had a great weekend to maybe give u a boost to deal with the week! Love ya girlie
Hi Crystal,
I found you on Matchbox Mom's and Kate's sites. I'm sorry about the crappy situation you and your family are in. I would have done the same thing and been scared in the same way. I really hope it all works out for you soon.
The poem was great by the way!
PS I went back over to Hot Mama's and that totally looks like your park! How funny!
Post a Comment