Unstoppable Me.







Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Off to School

I have this weird soft spot for taking my kids to school. Ever since Max's first day of kindergarten, I have loved to see him running into his class. When Isabelle started kindergarten, I felt the exact same way. As they both got older and school became more routine, I thought I would get tired of driving them. I expected myself to start shooing them off to the bus each morning. Nope. I just love seeing them scamper into school, happy and well-adjusted and so excited for their classroom and the day ahead. It warms my heart!

Max is in 3rd grade now, and I've driven him to school every single day for 3 years. I keep telling myself that it is so much more SENSIBLE to have the schoolbus do the work for me, but I can't break the habit! It just makes my day to watch them scurry into school.


10 comments:

Wendi said...

You are such a great mom! I mean it.

oda41143 Missy said...

Those are such sweet pictures. I think that Cooper and Mimi are the same age and Cooper can only make the O in his name. I'm a looser mommy. I too drive Alexus to school. I'm too chicken to allow her to ride the bus.

Cecily R said...

What a good mommy you are!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

the pictures are great ... I love the last one. I used to drive my kids to school, then I was pregnant with the twins and had kids in 2 schools that started at the same time and it became immpossible. Now, the bus does the work and sometimes I wish I did it.... especially when they come home saying there was a fight on the bus or at the bus stop .. which happened yesterday! yikes! As long as you are enjoyoing it, I say just do it! :-)

Marcie said...

I, too, almost get teary eyed watching my kids run all happy and clean into school.

Laura said...

I know what you mean!! I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing my little one run into school so excited! I am even more excited to see him come out at the end of the day- I feel like I am waiting in line at an amusement park- I am so excited to see him ;)

Bond Girl 007 said...

wow that is soo sweet

blog author said...

wow, you have some pretty kids! and i WISH i'd gotten driven to school every day. i HATED riding the bus. and i rode it right up until high school graduation.

KATE said...

You are so cute! I love your posts & your cute kids!
I say keep driving them, until Max is completely embarrassed by you. Live it up until those horrible teenage years hit!!

kristin said...

such cute kids! They are getting so tall! They are so lucky to have you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails